Director - Business Relationship Management
Technology is transforming the world of work. Our customers have never needed us more. Every day, they rely on Thomson Reuters to deliver the intelligence, technology and human expertise needed to find trusted answers. We believe that we can make information more relevant, more personal, and deliver it faster to our customers through the smart use of technology. By using shared platforms, working across our businesses and harnessing the power of big data through innovative technology, we are making our content more accessible and valuable for our customers.
Enterprise Technology, part of Enterprise Technology & Operations, is made up of two technology areas – CTO and CIO:
- CTO Technology provides and supports the core strategic platforms and key innovative tools that allow the enterprise to provide industry-leading solutions
- CIO Technology oversees the enterprise's core technology infrastructure and services
Data Center Operations & Infrastructure Services (DCIS), a key group within CIO Technology, provides foundational shared infrastructure, software and services, including our global data centers, for all Thomson Reuters business units and employees.
We have recently announced the expansion of our Canadian operations with the creation of a new technology center in downtown Toronto, Ontario. Toronto is home to an emerging ecosystem of world-class technology talent and the new technology center will be the preeminent hub of innovation. Our plan is to create around 1,500 technology and operations jobs in the coming few years, starting with an initial tranche of 400 roles at the new center.
- Business Relationship Manager aligned to Financial & Risk business unit within Data Center & Infrastructure Services.
- Leadership and accountability of several portfolios (sub BU groups within F&R), each with a set of projects both driven by business requirements and technology transformation.
- Ownership & leadership of a number of cross portfolio pan-F&R initiatives.
- Direct management of up to 5 project/program managers.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The F&R business relationship management team is focused upon providing infrastructure services (on-premise & public cloud) delivery and service to our F&R partners, and fostering synergy between Data Centre & Infrastructure Services (DCIS) initiatives and business unit (BU) programmes. Success will involve:
- Providing Portfolio Management Services representing F&R internally within DCIS while also supporting DCIS initiatives with the BU.
- Developing successful relationships with Data Center and Business stakeholders.
- Aligning Data Center (and other central technology) strategies and F&R strategy.
- Working with architects to understand new technology trends and forecast future infrastructure requirements.
- Partnering with financial leadership on annual budgets and forecasts, as well as ongoing measurement against targets.
- Identifying and championing efforts to optimise the data center estate to improve service, eliminate technical debt and increase cost efficiency.
- Working to improve the DCIS value proposition on behalf of our F&R partners.
- Acting as a primary point of contact for our F&R Partners and are a conduit into DCIS leadership and supporting DCIS groups.
- Developing talent within the team
- Leading by example; demonstrating energy, passion, enthusiasm and acting with integrity.
Key Relationships: (Those key individuals they will work with internally and externally)
- Senior Leadership Team in Financial & Risk Technology & Business Case Stakeholders
- Leadership teams in CIO technology and Enterprise Cloud
- Technology delivery teams (development, operations, architects)
- 3rd parties (vendors, exchanges, clients, service providers)
- Project and program management colleagues
- Finance partners
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Current strong experience in managing people globally
- Strong technical background, especially with data center technologies
- Experience engaging with stakeholders of varying levels, managing across time zones and cultures
- Project and Program management skills, including documentation and delivery, working knowledge of Programme Delivery frameworks.
- Experience of delivering technical projects
- Excellent communication, including presentation and written skills.
- Strong influencing skills and a positive leader
- Ability to deliver against demanding deadlines and key milestones
- Reporting and data analysis; able to visually represent data and processes in an easy to understand manner.
- Strong conflict resolution skills and team building skills
- Advanced Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills.
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
- Experience in reviewing and transforming processes in a complex environment
- Experience in Change Management
- Prior experience of JIRA and other agile tools
- PMI/Prince2/Project Management accreditation or equivalent
- Program Management certification (desirable)
- Agile Certification (desirable)
- Technology related degree or equivalent
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top