Director, Accounts Payable Service Delivery North America
The Director, Accounts Payable Service Delivery for North America is responsible for ensuring that the Accounts Payable Service is delivered at the required standard to the North America (USA & Canada) business partner community, including internal Thomson Reuters Business Partners & 3rd party suppliers. The role will also ensure business partner satisfaction with the service and appropriately address underperformance.
Primary Objectives are:
- Overall Accounts Payable service delivery responsibility for North America
- Manage Business Partner Relationships ( The Business, Suppliers, Controllership, Sourcing & Technology )
- Ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are managed and reviewed in line with business requirements
- Enhancing Service Delivery & Customer Satisfaction
- Manage outcomes from the managed service provider
- Escalation Management & Issue Resolution
- Participation in corporate initiatives that impact Accounts Payable and ensures Accounts Payable impacts are adequately managed
- Work in close collaboration with Accounts Payable Operations and other Accounts Payable Service Delivery Leads to ensure that all Accounts Payables SLAs are consistently met
- Manage delivery expectations of clients and ensure improvement in customer satisfaction scores
- Act as primary escalation point for business users and stakeholders for Accounts Payable service issues in North America
- Act as liaison between Thomson Reuters business partners and Accounts Payable Operations
- Work with Global Process leaders to create and maintain clear escalation paths related to service delivery issues and associated client communication
- Ensure regular service performance reviews are held with business partners in North America and liaise with key stakeholders to ensure performance is delivered in line with service expectations
- Work with Accounts Payable Operations and other Regional Accounts Payable Service Delivery Leads to ensure timely resolution of all business partner issues
- Partner with the managed service providers and key business partner groups to create and deploy standardized reporting for business partner governance meetings
- Work with the Source to Pay Enterprise Process Owner and AP Operation to identify and manage service improvement activities
- Implement and manage service improvement initiatives to demonstrate continuous improvement
- Provide regular service reporting to stakeholders on performance and SLAs
Scope and Impact
- This role will be focused on ensuring the delivery of Accounts Payable Services to business partners in North America and Canada
- Works with the Source to Pay Enterprise Process Owner, other Accounts Payable Service Delivery Leads and Accounts Payable Operations that are managed by Thomson Reuters managed service providers to design and deliver the right Accounts Payable service
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of purchase to pay processes and current business trends
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- The role could include staff management responsibilities as the organization structure and service delivery model evolves, but will have no direct reports to start with
Relationships: Internal / External
- Frequently interacts with peers within the Accounts Payable function, key business partners outside the function, and the Accounts Payable managed services provider
- Ability to manage expectations of multiple stakeholders and competing priorities
- Working closely with Enterprise Process Owners (EPO), customers and Service Delivery Lead to identify weaknesses and opportunities in the existing processes and service delivery capabilities and develop actions and/or solutions to address the gap within assigned markets and processes
- Works with the Accounts Payable managed service provider and the EPO to identify and implement continuous improvement (CI) opportunities
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Education, Technical / Professional Skills & Competencies
- Relevant university/ college degree mandatory, degree preference in Finance, accounting, business or economics
- MBA , qualified or part qualified accountant desirable
- 12 years experience in Purchase to Pay in a multinational business
- Superior and demonstrable business partnership experience
- Builds effective relationships and partners with others to develop joint solutions. Deals with difficult customer (internal & external) situations with a professional and resourceful manner for resolution
- Excellent knowledge of the Purchase to Pay processes, including the impact of these processes on internal business partners and suppliers.
- Knowledge of SAP and ARIBA Purchase to Pay & Supplier Information Management is desirable
- Expertise in service management, process implementation and improvements
- Strong communication skills – written & verbal
- Strong influencing skills – the ability to work effectively with business partners to deliver on common objectives
- Demonstrates strong leadership and acts in line with company values and integrity, deal with and lead through ambiguity.
- Proven ability to work with outsourcing partners to ensure that contracted outcomes are delivered.
- Ability to work virtually, across time zones with multiple nationalities.
- Skilled in negotiating and collaborating on complex situations to provide optimal resolution for the business while still maintaining a strong relationship with the outsourced service providers and other departments within Thomson Reuters.
- Results oriented with track record of consistent service delivery. Customer oriented leader with a high level of credibility.
- Experience with working with teams, matrix management, leading by example, and building trusting relationships.
- Strong PC skills, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrates business acumen
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top