Direct Tax Area Sales Manager
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Thomson Reuters is currently seeking a sales professional to join their ONESOURCE Direct Tax team. The Area Sales Manager (ASM) position offers a magnificent balance of running a sales force, leading channel partners and actively contributing to the development of the software. Using a team approach, the ASM will be responsible for all sales activity for the ONESOURCE Direct Tax suite within a given territory. It will also cover U.S. sales activities occasionally interacting with other sales managers across the business, globally. The ASM works collaboratively with the Account Managers, Sales Support and Solution Consultant team worldwide to develop the sales strategy for improving sales across the customer base. He/she plays an active role in crafting the structure to support proposal development, contract negotiation, and closing the deal. Compensation includes base salary with commissions based on individual and team performance.
Successful ASMs are ambitious and self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team. They are persuasive, compassionate and able to generate enthusiasm with clients and their sales team. They need excellent business insight to accurately assess clients' issues and develop '"creative" solutions. The job requires working with a sense of urgency while juggling multiple opportunities.
- Oversight of Account Management of existing and new Provision, Income Tax, and Workflow clients
- Maintain momentum resources while developing and driving new business channels, both internal and external
- Strategize with local account teams to identify and drive sales
- Support local account teams to drive complex multi-product enterprise sales.
- Continue to develop and improve "Go-to-Market Strategy" and Value Proposition as we expand into adjacent markets
- Assist with content development as appropriate for all sales teams
- Oversee the activity of the Direct Tax team in the sales process among multiple business units
- Assist with presentation development as appropriate for sales team
- Assist sales team to develop a strategic, consultative selling and business development capacity
- Minimum of eight (8) to ten (10) years of software solution selling experience and at least two (2) years of sales management experience
- A proven track record of driving and closing enterprise deals
- Strong client relationship and business development skills
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-growing environment and handle ambiguity and change while partnering with teammates at all levels to deliver value to clients
- A strategic thinker - able to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) and influence both C- suite and Senior Executives
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding quota
- Prior experience with developing new sales channels and new vertical market solutions while using technology solutions
- Experience with contract negotiations and budget management
- Willingness to travel (including overnight travel) a minimum of 30%
- Ability to work from home office with appropriate office environment
- Bachelor degree required, MBA preferred
- Ideal ASM will have a passport
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Chicago-Illinois-United States of America;Hoboken-New Jersey-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top