Digital Marketing Executive, Online Content and UX
Marketing (Europe) operates across the complete portfolio of Thomson Reuters professional service solutions - from content through to artificial intelligence. This will include a portfolio of Tax & Accounting and Legal Solutions, serving both the professional and corporate market. The complete print product catalogue is also a key component and revenue stream within the remit of Marketing (Europe).
In support of business and growth objectives, Marketing will also be responsible for developing market entry or deepening strategies across mainland Europe, building on our leadership position in UK & Ireland and the customer successes already recorded in broader markets. Our pan-European mandate represents a significant growth opportunity for Marketing and our respective business units.
The world that our customers operate in is changing rapidly. We help our customers deliver their services with accuracy, speed and confidence. Through our innovative online products, decision support tools, software and services, we provide the critical information that professional services firms, organisations, the public sector and academics need to work at their best.
Position Title: Digital Marketing Executive, Online Content and UX
Role Purpose/ Summary:
As the marketer in this key role, you'll ensure that our critical online presence is fully optimised, delivers an amazing customer experience and drives full commercial impact.
You'll take the lead in overseeing and delivering the creation of an outstanding online customer experience through our owned digital channels. In addition to our heritage legal solutions site, you'll investigate and take ownership for the development of our tax professionals and corporate customers sites. Overall, your vision will be to create an online experience that is consistent, impactful and continually improving.
Working across the content and other marketing teams, you'll develop effective customer journeys that drive initial interest into confirmed action. You'll extensively use and develop web analytics, purchase path analysis and other behavior drivers to ensure that our digital real estate is among the best in the business. You'll also ensure that we're driving in the most effective way towards meaningful customer engagement and demand creation.
In all of this, you'll help Marketing and the wider business to take a more active interest in our digital real estate. As the first key contact point in most customer journeys, you'll use data analytics and your passion for digital to elevate this to new heights. Within all of this, you'll actively engage with Enterprise digital teams to ensure our approach is integrated, constantly developing and utilizing best in class digital methodology.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
CONTENT MARKETING PROGRAMMES
- Accountable for the online presence, content and user experience of Thomson Reuters across Europe. You'll build upon our Legal Solutions site and develop online optimisation strategies for an integrated approach across our full business portfolio. In the first instance, you'll need to work with stakeholders to audit our current digital real estate and make appropriate recommendations for the future.
- Develop and deploy a range of analytic methodologies to enable full understanding and optimisation of our digital real estate. This will include visitor and engagement metrics, but will critically seek to gain more insight over purchase path. You'll recommend and develop new UX strategies that convert our top of funnel visits into highly engaged prospects with business potential.
- You'll work with content marketing and demand generation colleagues to ensure our online content is consistent with brand, campaign and commercial goals. In doing so, you'll look for innovative ways to increase digital engagement and actively build on our broader marketing programme.
- Working closely with Enterprise digital teams to ensure that Marketing Europe is actively involved in all TR wide initiatives. You'll take the lead in building new relationships and networks that signal a new way of working.
- You'll recommend new digital engagement strategies that support our commercial goals. This will include persona and analytic-based content pathways, right through to goal conversion opportunities. In doing so, you'll bring a new era of insight and digital development into the psyche of the European marketing team.
- Actively scan competitors and other market leading brands for inspiration and benchmarking. You'll ensure that our online user experience is continually looking to move forward.
- You'll be responsible for ensuring that hosting and business continuity strategies are fit for purpose, while developing appropriate contingency strategies for outage and disaster recovery.
- You'll also take the lead for ensuring that our online marketing strategies act within all relevant legislative frameworks, including GDPR and digital privacy laws. Beyond current requirements, you'll actively scan for future developments and build appropriate plans and actions.
- Should be highly customer focused, with a strong appreciation of the commercial dynamics of Thomson Reuters. In particular, a good understanding of how marketing contributes to the profitability of the business.
- You'll have a developing sense of priority and an ability to make intelligent decisions based on value. As such, you'll have the confidence to stop and/or change working methods to drive better commercial and/or customer value.
- Good relationship management skills and an ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues within Marketing, other key functions (especially subject matter experts) and Central Marketing teams. You understand the importance of working well within a matrix environment.
- Strong organisational and project management skills to ensure that deadlines and core deliverables are met. Develops contingency planning as appropriate.
- Good communication skills, evidenced at all levels of the organisation. You'll invest time to develop as an influencer, negotiator and partner - able to balance opposing views to arrive at the right conclusion.
- Proven ability to apply creative thought process in a commercial context. To include go-to-market creative & positioning, but also the ability to think laterally to solve complex challenges.
- And finally, you'll need to be a highly energetic, dynamic and ambitious marketer Somebody that can inspire those around them, while creating a vibrant, forward-looking and confident demand generation programme.
KEY MARKETING EXPERIENCE
- Highly results driven, with exceptional digital marketing expertise. You'll be able to take a strategic approach, but be equally confident at managing operational issues.
- Experienced with Adobe Experience Manager and an understanding of how this integrates with other marketing technology. You'll be highly skilled and proficient in managing complex websites.
- Very analytic mindset and proven experience in managing online analytics packages. This should extend beyond Google analytics to drive real marketing insight.
- Good understanding of buying dynamics, customer journey and experience, plus how content marketing can work effectively with other marketing elements such as brand positioning, demand generation and customer marketing.
- Developing understanding of the European professional services markets and how this works within a B2B business model.
- Good financial and commercial acumen, with polished analytical skills to understand and forecast key marketing outcomes and performance metrics. A successful track record on cost and budget management.
DIGITAL SKILLS / TECHNICAL
- Results driven with significant digital marketing experience across various online channels
- Thorough understanding of the customer journey, customer experience and content marketing
- Previous experience using various Content Management Systems (Desirable experience using Adobe Eloqua)
- Strong knowledge of the technologies and processes involved in building and optimising a site
- Proven experience in running Search Engine Optimisation campaigns - monitoring SERP's and suggesting changes as required
- Solid experience using different Email Marketing Platforms and a champion on email marketing best practice
- Knowledge in Search Advertising (desirable experience running PPC campaigns and use of Adwords) and Display advertising
- Desirable experience with Social Media and Display Advertising (promoted/featured ads)
- Experience with reporting tools such as Google Analytics
- Analytical - keen eye on outcomes and performance metrics
- Desirable experience using Photoshop though not essential
- Passion for all things digital and a real understanding of best-in-class digital customer experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Lisa B.Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top