Date Posted: July 17, 2017
Location: 2075 Kennedy Road – Scarborough
The Digital Marketer is responsible for building initial SEO strategy for new customers, managing paid search campaigns (PPC, pay per click) on multiple channels including Google, Bing, Facebook, etc. This role is focused on defining initial SEO strategy based on performance factors including market opportunities, competitiveness, and existing web presence. In addition the Digital Marketer is responsible for all aspects of paid search from strategy development, implementation, optimization, reporting and analysis. You should have at least 3 years of hands-on experience in online marketing with some focus on paid search management across multiple channels.
This position is responsible for:
- making recommendations to define clients SEO strategy including on-page tags, based on industry expertise, market competitiveness, client objectives, and established organizational standards and practices;
- identifying website performance opportunities based on a variety of factors including: search volume, market size, competitors, and existing marketing presence on the web;
- reviewing completed websites for compliance with company search optimization best practices;
- utilizing information provided by FindLaw's customers and analytics to help define the market they will pursue. This includes market definition based on geographic locations, as well as legal practice areas and requires an understanding of how law firms work;
- overseeing the tracking/reporting of client data on a daily, weekly, monthly basis to assess client performance and recommend related strategies;
- account specific web analytics reports that meet the needs of clients and align to their web site goals and objectives;
- strategize, create, manage, and optimize paid search accounts ensuring growth and that clients expectations are being met; and
- analyzing and reporting on Pay per Click campaign results and present to client by documented report and presentations as necessary.
You will be a strong team player and will possess:
- a University degree, marketing/communications or business-related preferred;
- a Google AdWords certification within the last year;
- a minimum of 2-3 years of relevant, professional work experience specific to web environments, Search Marketing (PPC), and Search Engine Optimization;
- an understanding of online advertising platforms - experience with Marin or Kenshoo desirable;
- proficient at using Web analytics tools, such as Omniture (Site Catalyst), Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools;
- advanced understanding of SEO including onsite & offsite optimization, as well as Google algorithm updates and filters;
- experienced with paid search keyword research, campaign construction, daily optimization, test plan construction, and in-depth analysis;
- familiarity with HTML in relation to impact on SEO;
- the ability to anticipate business needs and proactively address the changing environment;
- proficient with database driven web analytics and comfortable crunching numbers;
- effective written and verbal communication with influencing skills;
- strong judgment and attention to detail;
- the ability to collaborate cross-functionally to execute product strategy;
- strong analytical, problem-solving and prioritization skills; and
- advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers from 2009 – 2017, a Best Workplace from 2006 – 2017, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. Thomson Reuters is committed to building a diverse workforce. We rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals, and to do that, we seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification. We consider work from home arrangements for people with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities. More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on: www.thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top