Digital Editor, Reuters.com (Level 1 Journalist)
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest international multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion people every day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national, and international news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations, and directly to consumers at Reuters.com.
Reuters is looking for a journalist with a passion for social media and an eye for detail to join the world's biggest multimedia news organization. Based in New York, you'll be working with the Reuters.com team to update social media platforms and edit our home page. The job requires a working knowledge of tools used to curate and monitor news stories and the ability to work across proprietary systems such as the Reuters.com CMS.
- Coordinating and executing promotion and distribution of stories, videos, photos and graphics on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social platforms on which Reuters engages
- Planning and crafting social assets around major enterprise and investigation projects
- Creating social content to draw global audience to Reuters news
- Home page editing, headline writing and sending mobile news alerts
- Upholding the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles
Qualifications / Experience
- 3-5 years of journalism experience
- Knowledge of social media platforms and a strong personal participation that reflects some level of expertise and understanding of Social Flow, Facebook Live, Twitter Moments, Yo Space Video Publishing, Periscope and Scribble Live
- Experience with the following products is also desirable: Reuters Media Express, Eikon News and Messaging, Reuters Picture Archive, Reuters Graphics Server
- Attention to detail
- Effective writing skills
- Excellent news judgment and ability to work under pressure in a a fast paced new environment with tight deadlines
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor degree or above (journalism preferred but not necessary)
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top