Digital Communications Manager
The Thomson Reuters Foundation acts to promote socio-economic progress and the rule of law worldwide. The organisation leverages the skills, values and expertise of Thomson Reuters to run programmes that trigger real change on the ground and empower people across the world. With 100 staff members around the world and offices in 10 locations across the Americas, Africa, Europe and Asia, the Foundation has quickly become a point of reference in the corporate philanthropic world. The Thomson Reuters Foundation provides free services that inform, connect and empower people around the world through four key programmes:
- TrustLaw - the Thomson Reuters Foundation's global pro bono legal programme. We connect the best law firms and corporate legal teams around the world with high-impact NGOs and social enterprises working to create social and environmental change. We produce groundbreaking legal research, and offer innovative training courses worldwide.
- Trust Conference - a fast-growing movement committed to finding real solutions to fight modern-day slavery and human trafficking, empower women worldwide and put the rule of law behind human rights through an action-oriented global conference.
- Under-reported News - We cover stories that are often overlooked by the mainstream media: modern day slavery, women's rights, aid and development, the human impact of climate change, and land and property rights. We believe that raising awareness can trigger debate and lead to open, fair, prosperous and tolerant societies.
- Media Development - We run philanthropic initiatives, from the creation of sustainable, independent news platforms to a wide range of journalism training programmes worldwide. Additionally, we fund the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism at Oxford University. At the heart of all our media development work are the Thomson Reuters Principles of accuracy, impartiality, independence and integrity.
We are now seeking a Communications Manager to implement the organisation's internal and external communications efforts. This is an incredible opportunity to join a fast-growing, dynamic, corporate Foundation.
Key Responsibilities include:
Social media management:
- Strategy: Expand the existing corporate social media strategy to raise the Foundation's profile: promote the organisation's mission, goal and activities worldwide;
- Manage social media co-ordination: convene staff from across the Foundation to co-ordinate and manage our content calendar;
- Channel management: manage corporate communications channels, including content creation, partnerships and influencers, scheduling and posting;
- Campaigns: run and manage paid and organic social media campaigns;
- Reporting: Collect and analyse data as part of the social media strategy; deliver headline figures for donor reports with performance and trend analysis.
- Create and implement social media strategy to promote key Foundation events, including the Foundation's yearly flagship conference Trust Women.
- Internal: Liaise with teams within the Foundation on social and digital strategies, co-ordinate campaigns with colleagues within Thomson Reuters;
- External: Liaise with a range of stakeholders, from organisations to agencies to deliver social media and digital content for events and collaborative initiatives; manage event partnerships and co-ordinate digital assets; develop and maintain new partnerships;
- Create content for corporate website;
- Manage content from corporate bloggers;
- CMS duties
- Experience in a communications position;
- Experience generating, implementing and driving social media strategy with proven results.
- Knowledge of digital environment relating to the third sector
- Strong creative, written and proofreading skills with rigorous attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to thrive in a news-driven environment with a flexible approach to working hours;
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience working with international donors
- Experience of delivering projects with multiple stakeholders
- Passion for social, humanitarian or environmental issues
- Experience and knowledge of international development programmes
This position is based in London and the salary is commensurate with experience. To apply for this position, send your CV and covering letter outlining what you bring to the role.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top