Technical Support Specialist
Thomson Reuters Special Services, LLC (TRSS) delivers a comprehensive suite of solutions designed to help professionals achieve mission objectives, address uncertainty, and identify and manage risk. We leverage Thomson Reuters' market-leading solutions to help our clients perform intelligence collection and analysis, cyber security, threat finance, insider threat detection, and risk management.
You will provide technical support and maintenance for TRSS proprietary software and systems. You will become an expert in TRSS products and services and will serve as our front line technical expert to TRSS analytical staff and customers. This position requires an active TS/SCI US Government security clearance and some (mostly local, but occasional continental) travel.
The ideal candidate will have software development experience and experience trouble shooting an entire web application stack, including light network and database administration. Basic helpdesk support experience will also be useful, as will knowledge of OS virtualization tools such as VMware vSphere/Workstation. Candidate must be strongly team oriented, but be able to operate independently when necessary. The ability to build, analyze and support sometimes isolated technical environments will be paramount and will require not just technical skills but the capacity to explain those environments to less technical personnel.
- Work directly with internal resources as well as customer technology staff to support custom TRSS solutions
- Provide technical sales and solution architecture support for TRSS program opportunities
- Provide input to TRSS business, technology and product development leadership teams using technical expertise and knowledge of customer technology requirements and infrastructure
- Ensure superior sales support on integrated solutions and superior post sales implementation support for new customers
- Must have, or be able to acquire and maintain a US Government Security Clearance at the TS/SCI level
- Experience with Restful web services, XML, SFTP and data communications technologies.
- Experience with information retrieval technologies such as Lucene and ElasticSearch preferred
- Unix/Linux experience preferred
- Passionate, smart, and articulate technologist
- Self-starter and results oriented
- Must possess a strong personal work ethic
- Must be of superior moral and ethical character
- Must be able to operate under pressure with dynamic and changing requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering or technical sales support experience or equivalent
- Extensive experience leading the implementation and customization of technical solutions for government clients
- Experience with Government and Third Party Integrators business practices and technologies, including federated search and portal technologies
- Understanding of network infrastructure and communication protocols
- Experience with accessing and querying relational and document oriented database
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
McLean-Virginia-United States of America
Back to top