DevOps Technical Manager, Enterprise Digital Solutions (Eagan, MN location)
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Within the Enterprise Technology function, EBS (Enterprise Business System) owns the strategy, architecture, delivery & support of all the internal business platforms to support Corporate, Enterprise & Middle-wares, Digital Marketing, Selling, Fulfillment, Billing & Collections and Service & Support function. EBS works closely with business leaders to define and execute a global EBS plan and focuses on maximizing efficiency through standardization and harmonization of processes, culture and information.
Thomson Reuters is working to transform the Customer Experience across the organization, making it seamless for our customers to do business with us. One major focus is a digitally enabled environment that will help connect the customer to the answers they need, in a more timely and personalized way.
The DevOps Technical Manager will play a key role in ensuring Thomson Reuters' customers have a seamless experience when doing business with us by cutting inefficiencies, improving processes and achieving greater control, predictability and flexibility. The DevOps Technical Manager will partner with multiple groups within EBS to deeply understand the technologies both at the server level and the development level.
- Service delivery and system reliability and scalability including: reporting, configuration and build, testing, planning, and deployment of solutions
- Identifying and implementing monitoring solutions independently
- All aspects of deployment and technical operations including technical project resources (partners/subcontractors or staff), scheduling, risk management, internal and external communications, status reporting.
- Coordinating between a variety of vendors and technical experts
- Resolving conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies
- Developing standards and processes for operations that proactively prevent problems from occurring
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Technologies:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field of study
- 3 years of experience with configuration management tools, deployment pipelines and orchestration services in both cloud and self-managed environments (Puppet, AWS, CloudFormation, GIT, Jenkins, Selenium, QTP, Maven Scripts)
- Experience in engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications, application security, functional programming
- Knowledge of Agile software development process
- Familiarity with performance metric tools
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top