We are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our MIS team in Ann Arbor, MI. The MIS team maintains and develops enhancements for the company-wide enterprise management system, CRM tool, and other applications.
The DevOps Engineer will develop and support infrastructure that runs MIS applications including the internally developed Enterprise Management System (EMS), Flash and IT applications. This position requires an individual who can successfully work in a dynamic work environment where priorities change based on current business needs. Deadline driven project assignments and our iterative approach to development processes require a professional with excellent communication skills. Candidates must have experience with Enterprise Java application development, deployment, administration and monitoring on Linux, Bash scripting, and application server configuration and maintenance in a production environment. Familiarity with ANT build scripting, PCI Compliance/Information Security, and Web services (both SOAP/WSDL and REST) deployment is highly desired. A desire to investigate and evaluate new technologies and methods will be highly valued.
- Maintain and develop custom tools (including Batch, Bash and ANT scripts) for MIS application build, deployment and monitoring
- Ensure system infrastructure necessary to run both production and non-production versions of MIS applications is available and reliable
- Analyze and/or create business requirements, documentation and technical specifications in conjunction with MIS Business Analysts and our internal customers.
- As a member of the operational support team provide rapid response and issue resolution to the business teams for production issues
- Contribute to Design and delivery of components for internal applications (primarily the EMS & Flash applications) and Web Services for use by external products and websites as needed
- Lead or mentor project development teamsRefine knowledge in all MIS-supported systems to gain a more well-rounded understanding of overall company processes
- Build solid working relationships with MIS team members as well as collaborating with internal customers
- Continue to develop a strong base of technical skills in the various technologies used by the MIS team
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- 3 to 5 years experience configuring and administering JBoss (or other Java based middleware) for use in a production Linux environment
- 2 to 5 years experience administering and configuring Linux environments.
- Familiarity with Agile processes (Kanban, SCRUM, etc).
- Experience with CD/CI tools such a Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, etc
- Experience performing command line based Linux administration including writing or customizing Bash scripts
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational database concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (ability to communicate effectively with MIS technical staff, Business Analysts, management, and business team members)
- Demonstrated ability to work and adapt well within a team environment
- Dynamic thinker, a problem solver
- Ability to work well in a flexible environment
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to plan and prioritize work effectively
- Exemplary customer service skills
Additional Experience Preferred:
- Red Hat JBoss certification
- Java and JEE/EJB development and design exposure.
- Experience with Apache Ant build scripts
- Understanding of typical PCI and SOX Compliance or Information Security issues
- Using and maintaining version control systems (Git or Visual SourceSafe)
- Familiarity with PHP and Perl script development and maintenance
- Desktop Java application deployment and support
- Web Services (SOAP/WSDL or REST) deployment experience
- Project leadership experience
- Familiarity with the Eclipse IDE
- Crystal Reports/Business Objects experience
- C# experience
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work?
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters' core values?
Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top