We are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our Management Information Systems (MIS) department. MIS maintains and develops enhancements for the company-wide enterprise management system, CRM tool, and other applications.
The DevOps Engineer will develop and support infrastructure that runs MIS applications including the internally developed EMS, Flash and IT+ applications. This position requires an individual who can successfully work in a dynamic work environment where priorities change based on current business needs. Deadline driven project assignments and our iterative approach to development processes require a professional with excellent communication skills. Candidates must have experience with Enterprise Java application development, deployment, administration and monitoring on Linux, Bash scripting, and application server configuration and maintenance in a production environment. Familiarity with Ansible, Ant build scripting, PCI Compliance/Information Security, and Web services (both SOAP/WSDL and REST) deployment is highly desired. A desire to investigate and evaluate new technologies and methods will be highly valued.
- Maintain and develop custom tools (including Bash, Ansible, Ant, and some Python or Batch scripts) for MIS application build, deployment and monitoring
- Ensure system infrastructure necessary to run both production and non-production versions of MIS applications is available and reliable
- Analyze and/or create business requirements, documentation and technical specifications in conjunction with MIS Business Analysts and our internal customers.
- As a member of the operational support team provide rapid response and issue resolution to the business teams for production issues
- Contribute to Design and delivery of components for internal applications (primarily the EMS & Flash applications) and Web Services for use by external products and websites as needed
- Refine knowledge in all MIS-supported systems to gain a more well-rounded understanding of overall company processes
- Build solid working relationships with MIS team members as well as collaborating with internal customers
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience (3 to 5 years)
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- 1 to 3 years experience administering and configuring Linux in production environments including writing and customizing Bash scripts.
- 1 to 3 years experience administering, configuring, and patching JBoss (or other Java based middleware) for use in a production Linux environment
- Professional experience with CD/CI tools such a Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Using and maintaining version control systems (Git or similar)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (ability to communicate effectively with MIS technical staff, Business Analysts, management, and business team members)
- Understanding of and experience with remediating PCI and S-Ox Compliance or Information Security issues
- Demonstrated ability to work and adapt well within a team environment
- Dynamic thinker, a problem solver
- Experienced with Agile processes (Kanban, SCRUM, etc.)
- Ability to work well in a flexible environment
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to plan and prioritize work effectively
- Exemplary customer service skills
Additional Experience Preferred:
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database concepts including ability to work with DBAs to troubleshoot problems
- Professional Java and JEE/EJB development and design experience. (Experience with Swing a plus).
- Red Hat JBoss certification
- Experience migrating applications to AWS cloud infrastructure
- Experience writing and maintaining Apache Ant or Maven build scripts
- Exposure to container architecture (Docker, Vagrant, etc.)
- Familiarity with Python and PHP script development and maintenance
- Desktop Java application deployment and support
- Web Services (SOAP/WSDL and REST) deployment experience
- Familiarity with the Eclipse IDE
- Business Objects Crystal Reports experience
- C# experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America
Back to top