Why is this job important?
Reuters News Agency engineering team develops business-critical applications and services for the Reuters news organization. We provide publishers and broadcasters with news text, photos, and video over both Internet and satellite, and we also provide web-scale hosted content solution to digital publishers.
In your role you will be responsible for:
- Communicating with product and business teams to gather and analyze business requirement and translating into technical design and preparing functional/technical specification documents.
- Researching and identify new software technologies that can be leveraged to improve application performance and development efficiency, reducing cost and maintain quality.
- Developing web scale, high resilience web application for news distribution and hosted content.
- Developing low latency news collection and processing system that process text, picture, video news in various news message format.
- Developing news distribution services that deliver news content to clients globally via FTP/HTTP pushing, web services and agent application.
- Working together with Quality Assurance team to preparing test plans/test cases and define test execution methodology and perform tests. Identifying and fix any defects.
- Working together with system operation team to ensure system stability and maintain high availability 24/7/365.
Qualifications - What do you need to bring?
- A bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or a related field. 5+ years of work experience in software development related position and 3+ years in a technical management role.
- Good understanding of Agile Methodologies and has experience leading agile teams.
- Experience in an application development role in low-latency data collecting and processing systems design and development.
- Experience in large-scale web application/web services design and development.
- Deep understanding and experience in at least one of the following programming languages: Java/Python/Clojure.
- Experience in Linux platform and related tools including shell script.
- Experience in public cloud especially AWS is a big plus.
- Experience in search solution design and development using Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene is a big plus.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with product managers.
- Experience working in a global team with coworkers from different culture is desirable.
- Experience within the news industry and knowledge of industry standards is desirable
- Job in an international, dynamic environment
- Intensive training package
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare and Multisport card
- Company social incentives.
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
- 2 additional days off for voluntary activities
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top