Development & Infrastructure Engineer - Cloud
Reuters is the world's largest international multimedia news agency. With over 2500 journalists around the globe, we deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in multiple languages with speed, impartiality and insight. Further information can be found here: https://agency.reuters.com/en.html
The Reuters Media video development team is responsible for the development and support of the Reuters News Video global delivery network. Reuters Media is migrating off premise to the public cloud and the successful candidate will form part of a small team aspiring to be cloud native and work alongside development and operations.
Position Title: Development & Infrastructure Engineer - Cloud
The successful candidate will have a wide role within our AWS migration, joining the News Agency development team in London. They will have shared responsibility for ongoing support and development of cloud services and administration of our cloud environments. Over time they will be expected to improve the systems and procedures as we re-invent ourselves in the cloud. They will have some shared responsibility for our diminishing on premise systems including investigation and troubleshooting of issues and solution provision. Perfect opportunity if you're looking to build a career within cloud technology.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Support and troubleshooting of media systems both on premise and in the cloud, working in conjunction with the operations group.
- Investigation and research into cloud technologies.
- Assisting with the design, implementation and administration of cloud based infrastructure.
- Assisting with the continuous improvement of processes for building, deploying and monitoring systems.
- The candidate will be expected to work closely with the Reuters Media development teams in London, Beijing and New York.
- The operations teams responsible for the media and editorial systems.
- Thomson Reuters cloud architecture and governance team.
- This role sits within the development team.
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
- A solid experience working with AWS cloud services
- Experience working with Wowza streaming software
- Ability to take ownership of and proactively complete tasks
- Ability to learn on the job
- Ability to methodically troubleshoot/investigate problems in a timely manner
- Practical experience of a scripting language
- Practical experience of databases
- Good written and spoken communications skills
- Good team-working skills
- Knowledge of networking & TCP/IP - i.e. understanding of subnets, routers, gateways, firewalls, Internet protocols etc.
- Strong sense of ownership, drive and good prioritization skills
- Strong grasp of security, privacy, and monitoring, housekeeping and scaling concepts
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tools such as Docker, Jenkins and Git
- DevOps practices such as automation of testing, delivery and infrastructure
- Experience of Windows and Linux administration
- Computer science honours degree or equivalent
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top