We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
ONESOURCE is designed to provide tax software solutions for multinational corporations and Accounting professionals. ONESOURCE solutions cover a broad range of taxes including Direct Tax Compliance and reporting, Indirect Tax determination and Compliance, Tax Planning and Workflow Management. (www.onesource.thomsonreuters.com/regions/emea).
- Maintenance of ONESOURCE Corporate and Indirect Tax using C#, and MS SQL Server.
- Actively participate in software design and development review meetings.
- Implement solutions as directed within standards and with guidance from more senior engineers.
- Work closely with the QA and test teams to ensure any identified bugs are rectified in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for ensuring design and development methodologies are followed.
- Raise potential technical issues and suggested fixes in a timely fashion.
- Supply time estimates on allocated tasks and provide timely updates on task
- Contribute to and maintain technical documentation related to assigned components to ensure supportability.
- Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyse development requirements.
Scope and Impact
- Liaise with the Product and Development Managers to deliver software solutions that meet with business requirements. This will include: requirements gathering, analysis, design and coding in Microsoft technologies.
- Provide technical assistance to the customer support team and from time-to-time the customer.
- Work independently within defined parameters, with technical and management guidance, taking ownership of problems within own area of knowledge.
- Accountable for the quality of own work, delivered within agreed procedures and timeframes, and focused on internal and/or external customer needs.
- Help to establish a quality driven working philosophy consistent with the aims and objectives of the organisation.
- Work with technical staff to gain deeper knowledge of code and business area.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Microsoft Windows application development environment utilising a formalised software development life cycle approach.
- Experience in C# and .NET Framework.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server, including T-SQL, stored procedures and views.
- Must be detail oriented, a self-starter and a strong team player
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and negotiate with others
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services
- Experience working in a global matrix environment
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top