Deputy Editor, Asia Top News
We are seeking a highly skilled editor to help lead the top news team in Asia. The successful candidate will have exceptional news judgment, be a strong writer and editor, and be able to provide examples of leadership and news editing skills on major stories. You will be a strong communicator, a team player and able to work effectively with staff of diverse backgrounds and experience. An understanding of companies, economic policy, and markets coverage would be advantage, as is a track record in covering stories in Asia.
You will be expected to direct coverage of major stories, ensuring that we are quick and smart about pursuing critical angles. We need to win the day, the week and the year on these stories, which means providing our readers with exclusive and insightful stories that they cannot get elsewhere. You will be a newsroom leader, able to effectively help manage the Top News operation in Asia and work closely with Top News and global industry editors around the world.
The position would ideally be based in Singapore, but other locations will be considered.
- Lead coverage of several major themes over a period of months or more
- Encourage reporters and editors-in-charge/bureau chiefs to come up with fresh, smart story ideas, and also contribute such ideas yourself
- Effectively edit Insights, and occasionally Special Reports, including bullet proofing them to ensure that they are fair to all parties and legally sound
- Mentor and guide reporters and editors to help them reach their potential on major initiative stories
- Work with photo, video and graphic teams to help develop multimedia packages
- At least five years' experience with a major news organization
- An understanding of macroeconomics and company accounting would be an advantage
- Ability to work effectively with reporters and other editors
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top