Demand & Capacity Analyst
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
We are looking for analysts to tackle the challenge of Demand & Capacity for DCIS, and to shape the framework around how technology resources, now and in the future, are provided to Business Units and shared platforms. You will support initiatives in this crucial area from a variety of perspectives, while contributing to a collective overall framework that brings both together:
- A Business Unit application point of view, prioritized on fast-growing products with known service risk (initially, WorldCheck1 and Lipper).
- A shared technology perspective, prioritised onto shared platforms with known or suspected exposures (initially, Novus & Cobalt).
The primary purpose of the role is to bring together current capabilities and practices into a consistent framework and methodology, and to continually improve the consistency & maturity of practices in this area, both within DCIS and across the TR enterprise.
To be effective, the role will need to be highly collaborative with multiple partner groups; to apply consistent logic and analysis to different challenges, and to build models and operating processes for partner groups as needed.
Success will depend on bringing TR applications and shared infrastructure into a simple, adaptable framework, supported by strategic tools. The role offers an opportunity to learn about strategic products with high-growth potential and support key initiatives around them.
For the identified priority areas:
- Gain an understanding of the technology architecture.
- Identify the various instrumentation, reporting and trending of usage statistics in existence, and close areas of omission.
- Assess what level of modelling and forecasting is needed and seek to implement accordingly.
- Identify partners in all related teams and establish relevant relationships.
- Apply consistent principles and logic to each area the analyst is asked to address
- Assist the Director of Demand & Capacity in building a sustainable framework of standards and methodologies.
- Raise & recommend core requirements & improvement requests for the toolset supporting Capacity Management.
- Facilitate DCIS and Application teams' creation and adoption of dashboards, reports, forecasts, & processes, to enable quantifiable & consistent presentation into business requirements.
- Degree or equivalent years of experience in IT
- ITIL certification in Capacity Management Service Management preferred.
Required Skills and Experience
- Deep understanding of Demand and Capacity Management standards and practices.
- Highly numerate, to understand, manipulate and explain statistical data to a non-expert audience.
- Experienced in using modelling and numerical analysis tools, visualization and database tools.
- Good communicator at a technical and managerial level.
- Strong Collaborator.
- Initiative taker. Intellectually versatile.
- Technically-minded with strong business awareness.
- Strategic mindset, not afraid to go into detail where needed.
- Inventive and autonomous.
- Able to work with teams and individuals on a global basis.
- Able to multitask, and work in a challenging context with changing priorities.
Soft Skills & Knowledge we desire from you
- Facilitation and Meetings Management
- Problem Solving
- Business Writing
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top