Delivery Manager RMS Technology
A role is required for a Delivery Manager within The Risk Managed Services (RMS) Technology organization of the Finance and Risk Technology Group based in Toronto. Specifically the role will report directly to the Head of Risk Managed Services Technology, this group develops platforms to support Org ID, Avox, EDD and Goldtier Deployed/Hosted.
The role is accountable for the delivery of business value to their key partners– Technology, Service, Office of the CTO, and Product/Proposition teams through end to end delivery of initiatives and projects to bring new products or capabilities to market or implementing large scale change to existing products or infrastructures. The scope of delivery covers the full life cycle definition (product / design elaboration), delivery (development /implementation) and service.
Specific responsibilities / accountabilities
- Technical delivery – support the development manager on all aspects of the delivery chain and handles delivery performance throughout execution and finds opportunities to optimize the execution
- Risk Management - exhibits strong ability to identify and plan resolution of program risk risks
- Communication - identifies and manages effectively all partners, provides visibility and openness so that appropriate action can be taken by senior management
- Improving delivery performance – Identifies and recommends opportunities for improving the delivery model by analyzing consistent themes in lessons learned information
- Problem solving and decision making – sound judgment at a senior management level using assertiveness and influencing skills to demonstrate business benefits and to ensure the decision is fully understood and accepted
- Dependency management - Leads analysis and ensures all impacts of dependencies are addressed in the overall project plan. Effectively works across the organization to ensure all dependent teams are aligned with the project plans and schedules
- Financial Management and Project Accounting – application of corporate financial measures to monitor and track financial health, analyzing resource requirements across multiple projects or across programmes to meet strategic goals
- Resource Estimation and Planning – work with the Finance, Portfolio Management, Business Operations and HR Business Partners to maintain overall plan for resource requirements, ensure program plans are kept up-to-date and adjusted with ongoing project activities and maintaining accurate project forecasts. Appropriately identifies when program/project is "off track" and takes immediate corrective actions, including adjusting plans to account for corrections. Leads project estimating sessions that span multiple departments and organizations
- Management – manage partner relationships and ensure strong communication plans, both within and externally to the group
- Coordinate with The Office of the CTO on large project deliverables.
- You demonstrate the drive and enthusiasm to see tasks through to completion
- You have strong interpersonal skills, able to build close relationships and interact with colleagues at various levels
- Ability to handle conflicting priorities and communicate this effectively to internal partners in a collaborative and professional manner
- Creativity and innovation: Continuously maintain an innovative mindset whist operating with a set of defined communication processes
- Delivery-focused independent individual with strong execution management experience as well as project management
- Self-starter with understanding of financial markets (especially KYC and client data) and previous experience with Agile methodologies
- Strong communication and decision-making skills with the ability to balance conflicting interests
- Collaborate across cross-functional and cultural boundaries to deliver service and change
- Senior Leadership Team & Technology delivery teams (development, operations, architects)
- Proposition & Product Management
- Program Office & Business Operations
- 3rd parties (vendors, exchanges, clients, service providers) & Project and program management teams and part
Essential skills/experience required:
- Define, scope, and lead large initiatives typically less than <5M in value, of a regional reach and 12 months
- Delivers within the constraints of scope, time and cost to agreed levels of quality, within the organization's project management framework.
- Defines, documents and lead initiatives with minimal supervision, working with multiple teams that may have differing priorities and working/cultural practices.
- Actively participates in all phases programs of work or specific phases of larger projects. Identifies, assesses and lead risks to the success of the project
- Build collaborative partnerships with partners and commitment to make decisions
- Actively seeks opportunities for process improvement
- Prepares and maintains delivery plans and tracks activities against the plan
- Implement effective communication plan and operating rhythm, including provision of regular and accurate reports.
- Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensures that deliverables are implemented within these criteria.
Desired skills/experience required:
- Background in working with product and technology cross-functional team to plan and execute
- Background in product and development lifecycles – across product definition, software development, production implementation and support operations
- Positive attitude and high energy level with an ability to work collaboratively and build relationships at all levels within an organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations and create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
Education/ Certifications: (Specific degrees and/or certifications (denote required or preferred))
- Bachelor's degree – in an IT and or business related field (preferred)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top