Database Administrator Summer 2019 Internship
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Onvio Platform team is seeking a motivated and highly qualified Database Administrator who thrives in an environment of innovation and collaboration. As part of the development team, you will utilize your subject matter expertise of database structures and architecture to ensure optimum application performance for our award winning software applications. This position requires an individual who has proven success in a dynamic environment focused on delivering customer centric software solutions and where priorities change rapidly based on the evolution of technology and business needs. As a result, our development processes require a professional with excellent adaptability and communication skills.
The current time frame of this position is May 13,2019 - August 16, 2019
As a member on the Onvio Platform team you will be able to utilize the latest in relational database and NoSQL technologies. Primary responsibilities will include:
• Provide technical recommendations and serve as a database resource expert to the department for existing and future applications
• Recommend solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities from initial design concept to final production deployment
• Understand and promote best practices and standards for database development; oversee governance to assure product stability and performance
• Identify database requirements by interviewing customers; analyze, design, and code database utilities for existing and future systems developed for the platform
• Identify bottlenecks and make corrective recommendations to assure optimum database performance
• Collaborate with other members of the team to deliver industry leading software on time in a high-energy dynamic environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical discipline is required
- Strong demonstrated proficiency of SQL
- Experience developing database objects for web and desktop applications
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task projects with competing demands in an effective and productive manner
- In depth experience with Database Administration for PostgreSQL Database
- Thorough understanding of Profiling, Performance Tuning and Optimization, using monitoring and troubleshooting tools to resolve database problems.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics
- Knowledge of PL/pgSQL
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America
Back to top