Data Steward - TR
The Data Steward role will be responsible for following the standard operating procedures (SOP) created by the Manager Data and BI. The Data Steward will use various tools to maintain client data with an emphasis on data quality. The Data Steward will routinely perform data remediation, cleaning and resolution services including managing the manual queue, receiving and processing requests, completing the necessary work to resolve the requests and follow up to verify appropriate resolution of the request per the SOP.
This position is data-centric where the steward will work with data from multiple data sources; conduct a detailed data review and determine processing order, rules, and logic to be applied to ensure data accuracy; identify, research and resolve data issues/errors; and ensure customer satisfaction.
Data Stewards are guardians and decision makers for specific data elements related to metadata and data quality. Data Stewards are responsible for understanding usage, standards and quality for specific data elements.
- This is a global role covering Customer data administration for all regions:
- Problem identification and resolution.
- Assume proactive role in determining customer requirements. Communicate effectively internally on status of data service requests in progress.
- This person must be able to work both independently and collaborate with a team.
- Pre-Defined data cleansing
- One off data changes
- Global data quality process adherence
- Ensuring customer data is correctly represented in the database and underlying reporting
- Identify data improvement opportunities through data analyses.
- Work with high data volumes
- Attention to detail and concern for impact is essential
- Ability to recognize deviations from expected observations
- Capable of debugging or troubleshooting issues with automated processes
- Completes work in a timely fashion
- Must have excellent written English skills, and be able to communicate readily and effectively over e-mail, phone and IM
- Must be wholly customer-focused, and able to provide excellent service to internal customers
- Systematic, disciplined and analytical approach
- Very good knowledge of MS Office & Advanced Excel
- Quick thinking, and the ability to translate information/queries/requests into accurate, error-free, timely responses.
- Good interpersonal and persuasive skills, with ability to interact with people across time zones.
- Experience of Informatica Data Quality Tools, CRM Fusion or similar client data management/tracking tool.
- Knowledge of Alteryx would be added advantage
- Bachelor's degree
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top