Data Science Intern
Are you a curious and open-minded student with an interest in programming and data analytics? We would like to hear from you.
At Thomson Reuters Labs you will get a unique opportunity to work in a global company with a huge amount of data. In your role as a Data Science Intern you will be:
- Participating in the development of data driven prototypes and proof-of-concepts by practically applying data science techniques and tools
- Experimenting with and testing algorithms in languages like R, Python, etc.
- Extending and broadening your skills with the help and coaching from experienced professionals
At Thomson Reuters Labs - Zurich Region, we rapidly create prototypes and data-driven innovations for future Thomson Reuters products.
We are located at the heart of Switzerland's Crypto Valley amidst a vibrant ecosystem of startups, universities and multinational corporations. The Lab also hosts The Incubator, Thomson Reuters' first hosted startup incubator.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We are one of the leading sources of information for the world's top companies and professionals in finance, risk, legal, tax and accounting and media.
- Bachelor or Master student in a relevant technical field such as computer science, statistics, computer linguistics, applied mathematics, physics or a related discipline.
- Solid spoken and written English
Experience and interests
We think you have worked with one or several of these in the past:
- Programming and scripting languages (Python, R, Java, C#, Scala, etc.)
- Data in various formats (tabular, CSV, json/xml, etc.)
- Supporting tools and packages such as git, RStudio, scikit-learn, etc.
Given the range of projects and tasks you will be working on we also think you should be:
- Curious to learn about new technologies
- Willing to understand business requirements and end user needs
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Creative and open minded
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top