Financial and Risk
We arethe leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses andprofessionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligentinformation is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise andinnovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act,enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-haveinsight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets, powered by the world's most trustednews organization.
BOLDSolutions is a new proposition framework that helps client's surface insightand generate value from unstructured content, from proprietary and third partysources, as well as the Thomson Reuters Knowledge Graph, news and otherrepositories. It combines Big Data technologies, Open and Linked Datastandards, natural language processing and machine learning in an innovative,market-leading proposition that offers a unique and comprehensive platform forintelligent meta-data tagging, entity identification, graph relationships andanalytics.
This rolewill provide customer continuity from pre-sale technical and contentspecification and design, through validation, requirements gathering, proof of conceptand statement of work stages, to post-sale set-up and execution. It will contributeto replicable and scalable solutions to customer business workflow challengesin order to gain new business win market share and increase customersatisfaction.
Supportinga specific region in BOLD solutions implementations. Provide input (feedbackfrom customers) to segments and product management on content andfunctionality.
Coreprofile, subject matter expert in technical aspects of big data implementation,able to project manage and take a leadership role in the delivery of BOLD solutionsprojects, as well as to contribute to the preparation of technical proposalsfor complex solutions which requires the integration of several distinctcomponents - products, technology and content. The role acts as liaison acrossmultiple customer personas including data scientists, professional end users,innovation leads, budget holders and executive sponsors.
- Project delivery - provides specialized consulting activities in the delivery of projects, with particular regard to the following projects phases:
- Customer requirements gathering and analysis
- Design of Architectures
- Technical installation
- Project implementation
- Quality assurance
- Bid Development - Be involved in the preparation of complex technical proposal, contributing to the related key tasks such as customer requirements analysis, design of solutions architectures, high level project plan and estimation of professional services effort required for implementation
- Expertise - subject matter expert in BOLD implementation workflows and related solutions packages and products, providing domain expertise to our customers relative to solution propositions
- Project execution – Deliver the technical & data-engineer part of the designed solution during POC & Customer implementation stages. Work in tandem with established professional services team that would help with initial BOLD Tech & content installation and work with them on executing the overall design of the pre-defined solution during POC & Implementation phases
- Client Technical Training - Contributes to the design and preparation as well as delivers technical training to our customers on products and technology related to our offering.
- Post-sale remain available for any amendments or new modelling parameters that require data-engineer expertise
- Having worked on big data projects with minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in implementing end user cases in the big data space; having worked on the technical and business aspects of data integration and business intelligence especially in the financial markets industry (ideally capital markets)
- Experience in conceptualizing, designing and building big data solutions and integration systems with data from multiple sources preferably using Hadoop and Spark
- Knowledge of Open Data initiatives and Linked Data (semantic web) standards
- Familiarity with relational databases and query languages such as SQL, as well as Java, NoSQL databases, SPARQL, RDF and graph technologies, and scripting knowledge such as Python or Groovy. Others such as R and Ruby, also desirable having worked on data analysis and data visualization tool implementations
- Comfortable with data massaging, wrangling and concordance across multiple sources and diverse formats (RDF, delimited, databases, feeds etc) including large text editing
- Content familiarity and willingness to learn more, particularly around 'pivot' sets such as organizations, people, news, metadata, etc, and understanding of the PermID system; ability to forensically analyze, decompose and model content from originating sources e.g. authority strategic-data-interfaces and third parties, through meta-data Tagging systems and information transforms into Knowledge Graphs, Graph Feed, and Graph technology (e.g. Data-Fusion)
- Basic knowledge/understanding of use of ontologies and some familiarity of OWL representation (or at least concepts of it)
- Being able to create examples, prototypes, demonstrations
- Basic understanding of financial industry and institutions and their business
- Knowledge of customer business workflows and products for one or more solutions areas of growth: big data analytics, enterprise data, trading,
- Strong analytical skills, ability to translate business use-cases into functional requirements and design feasible BOLD solutions architectures
- Excellent communications skill
- Project management skills
- Enterprise wide thinking - able to give end to end solutions
- 'Challenger' skills - an expert at leveraging and coaching others on a variety of approaches to solicit valuable information, even in challenging situations (e.g., in dissimilar, hostile, or highly charged situations)
- Decision process understanding - ability to develop a comprehensive understanding of purchase decision processes and criteria by which decision makers define success
- Ability to work in a dynamic matrix environment and influence groups outside of solution to execute efficiently
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we domatters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on ourbusiness and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one -collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging andmeaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries,we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shapeindustries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process,and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - andtheir own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver onour goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees inall our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender,including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion,sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteranstatus, or any other protected classification under country or local law.Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/AffirmativeAction Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Comejoin us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top