Data Architect (Eagan, MN location)
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Enterprise Tools Architecture team is responsible for a broad set of tools and data across Continuous Integration/Delivery and Operations within Thomson Reuters. Working with engineering, development and business partners our goal is to provide a best of breed tool chain that enables rapid software delivery and outstanding operational services.
The team is also responsible for setting the architectural direction for IT Service Management capabilities as well as defining the configuration data models and relationships associated with our internal operational data stores used for reporting, compliance and automation.
We are currently seeking a Data Architect who will work closely with technical and solutions architects, developers, data owners and business owners within the organization to provide a cohesive data management system in support of the organization's strategic goals.
In this role, you will lead full-lifecycle data architecture activities across the Thomson Reuters operational estate including defining data architecture principles, data modelling, data governance, requirements analysis, data quality assessment, business process and data interaction analysis, leading proof of concept integrations, defining utilities (ETL) and oversight of operational data store developments.
Major areas of accountability
- Set enterprise data architecture guiding principles and standards
- Define data processes and controls to ensure data compliance of the various systems and components.
- Drive programs of work to improve operational data quality to enable "data as a service"
- Maintain a data dictionary / metadata repository of end-to-end view of enterprise data flows
- Develop master data management strategies and practices.
- Assist and enable data consumers with their requirements.
- Define and evaluate tooling and integration requirements to meet consumer goals.
- Oversee and drive requirements through the review processes up to and through the development lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain data maintenance best practice methodologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer related field preferred.
- 5 years experience with configuration data modelling and developing ETL, Data Warehousing and Operational data stores.
- Knowledge of architectural principles, standards, technical trends, and industry best practices (e.g. TOGAF).
- Experience with designing logical and physical data architectures.
- Experience in SQL Query Language
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Exposure and understanding of the fundamentals of ITIL and related service. management tools.
- Ability to mentor less senior members of the technology teams
- Experience with Agile software development practices
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels in the organization both technical and business partners.
- Team player with high integrity, accountability; detail orientated with ability see the 'big picture'.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of enterprise data integration platforms.
- Knowledge / Experience with 'big data' fundamentals.
- Knowledge of IT Automation technologies and processes
- Web services experience (XML, HTML, JSON, REST)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top