We are seeking a Data Architect to lead in the development of a comprehensive Information Model for the North American Wealth Management business. The Data Architect will work with the technology and systems architecture teams and application developers to streamline data governance, data cleansing, data normalization, data movement and application usage patterns. The Data Architect will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide the teams on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and business solutions, including, but not limited to, building Data Dictionary, Data Governance Process, Reporting, Dashboards, etc.
- Ensure compatibility with existing architecture: solutions, infrastructure, services, support, and business requirements
- Leverage and align with the assets of the Thomson Reuters enterprise
- Build strong and positive relationships with business, technology leaders and design teams to align with the Thomson Reuters strategic technology direction
- Set data architecture principles
- Develop Master Data Management strategies and practices
- Create models of data that enable the implementation of the intended business architecture
- Provide a logical data model as a standard for the golden source and for consuming applications to inherit
- Provide a logical data model with elements and business rules needed for the creation of data quality rules
- Develop strategies for logically related data of different dimensionality, pace of change, and governance requirements
- Set standards for data management, analyzes current state and conceives desired future state, and conceives projects needed to close the gap between current state and future goals
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Practical understanding of the development of scalable, flexible architectures for high-concurrency and high-performance applications
- Excellent communications style with business stakeholders, management, peers and software developers alike. This person should have the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions to technical and non-technical audiences
- Robust interpersonal skills supported by expressive oral and written communication styles
- Must be able to conceptualize and influence application and interface projects
- Depth in data modeling and database design across diverse vendor technologies, this skill extends to SQL development, data exchange between disparate database technologies, and includes knowledge of database administration
- Experienced in data virtualization and data movement (ETL)
- Experienced or conversant in emerging tools like columnar and NoSQL databases, predictive analytics, data visualization, and unstructured data
- Strong desire to work within a team, in a highly dynamic environment
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top