Data Analyst with European Language - F&R
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A COLLEAGUE:
Data Analyst with Dutch, German, Italian, French or Scandinavian language
YOU AND YOUR TEAM
You will join the Fundamentals Team based in Gdynia. The department collects financial statements, business and geographical segments, key performance indicators and pension information from quarterly and annual company reports. In your role you will be responsible for delivering timely and accurate information of this Fundamentals data. You will develop and expand your knowledge of the financial markets and financial data.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
Team collects fundamental data from over 110 markets representing more than 99% of the world's market cap, covering 67 markets, including all European G20, Nordic countries, as well as nearly all markets from Middle East. Our clients are able to use our content in order to analyze and compare data across markets, and predict future trends within industries.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Providing clients with Financial Data relating to companies within all European, Middle Eastern and African countries
- Maintaining databases in a timely and accurate manner
- Using appropriate language skills to understand and source financial information
- Keeping abreast of daily market activity to ensure Thomson Reuters information is timely and complete
- Building up knowledge of financial regulations and market practices
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Very good English and intermediate in at least one European language
- High attention to details
- Good PC skills with knowledge of Excel, Word, Internet
- Self motivation even when attending to routine tasks
- Eagerness to learn a lot and collaborate with others
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work effectively under time pressure
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF:
- You are a graduate in fields related to Accountancy, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Business
- You have experience in working with any type of database or numeric data
- You have a knowledge of financial markets and/or working experience in this field
DURING THE FIRST 3 WEEKS AT WORK:
You will undergo a thorough onboarding program. You will attend trainings that will prepare you to perform your daily tasks efficiently and accurately. At the end of the training period you will take a check test to verify your knowledge and to feel confident about your skills and expertise.
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility and home-office opportunities
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension plan, Multisport card and more
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top