Data Analyst - Maternity Cover, Financial & Risk
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
ABOUT OUR GLOBAL COMPANY
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
YOU AND YOUR TEAM
You will join the Holdings Collection team based in Gdynia, Manila and Bangalore. Within the team we focus on managing workflow and constant collaboration with automation team, gathering knowledge on holdings structure and dependencies, regular cross site meetings, update of procedures and methods of work, mastering the C2C process, gathering feedback. You will develop knowledge of the Holdings within Funds and language skills content wise. Development within the role will lead you to establish permanent contacts with on site peers and cross site collaborators, gather experience within not only Holding specific area but also within admin area and learn external client perspective.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
Our team provides holding data for almost 100k funds both from manual and electronic sources used by all Thomson Reuter clients. The data is used for trend analysis, making long-term investment decisions as well as real-time ones. While manually uploaded holdings come from public sources (annual and semi-annual reports), so-called electronic data is obtained from Fund Management Companies and its redistribution terms within TR products are negotiated and then regulated by NDAs.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Any other language will be a benefit
• A highly analytic mind supported by quantitative and analytical skills
• Practical knowledge of MS Excel
• Multitasking skills
• Eagerness to learn a lot and collaborate with others
• Strive for bringing the best customer service
• Inner drive, self awareness and responsibility for daily duties
• Team player attitude
• Excellent communication skills
• Proactive approach, approachable and open minded
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
• Support of BAU processes
• Proactive approach to arranging contact with new FMCs or Data Providers
• Negotiate the details of agreements
• Collaboration with fellow colleagues in different locations
• Monitor markets assign to You
• Follow the MoW and communicate with the team on the challenges you face
• Respond to client's cases, explaining the content and gathering feedback
• Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
• Ability (or even a need) to practice English skills daily
• Competitive salary
• Flexibility and home-office opportunities
• Range of development opportunities through traditional trainings, on-site and international projects
• Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
• Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
• Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension plan, Multisport card and more
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top