Data Analyst, Commodities Content
YOU AND YOUR TEAM:
Commodities Content Production Team collects broker pricing and market fundamental data for energy, metals and agriculture markets, as well as weather and freight. The team is spread across Bangalore, Manila and Gdynia operational centers. The team in Gdynia supports the fundamental side of content production, gathering data about physical assets, production and consumption, as well as trading and flow statistics.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
Our team is supplying Thomson Reuters products with top quality commodities fundamental data. You will play a crucial role in collecting the data, providing checks and analyses and cooperating with contributors.
Our customers take their business decisions based on the data they receive via our products. You will help them predict future trends within different commodities markets.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Maintaining the existing Fundamentals/Physical Asset database in an accurate and timely manner
- Monitoring content availability using internal tools
- Communicating & liaising with internal and external departments for resolution of data queries, including direct contact with customers
- Tracking query resolution progress in corporate tools
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Higher education - preferably Economics, Finance, Mathematics
- Fluency in English
- Practical knowledge of MS Excel at intermediate level
- Good attention to detail
- Analytical and logical thinking
- Ability to work with large massive of information and structure it
- Strive for bringing the best customer service
- Eagerness to learn a lot and collaborate with others
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a an international and multi skilled team
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF:
- You have good level in understanding how the commodities markets operate worldwide
- You have a basic knowledge of SQL
- You have an experience with data
- You are service-minded with a structured approach, dedicated to high quality and accuracy
You will have a chance to learn about different types of commodities and their meaning in finance world, e.g: gas flow, power outages, components of weather forecast or emissions trading but also you will gain knowledge about commodities exchanges, biggest energy operators and importance of renewables. Working in our team will develop your communication skills and broaden your awareness of our key industry themes, challenges and opportunities. If you are open-minded, have good attention to details, like to investigate and work on something new every day we strongly encourage you to apply.
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE?
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Ability (or even a need) to practice English skills daily
- Range of development opportunities through traditional trainings, on-site and international projects
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension plan, Multisport card and more
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top