Cyber Threat Detection and Security Analytics Leader - F&R
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
Financial & Risk is looking for a few highly skilled cyber security specialists to help staff a new location in the central business district of downtown Hoboken. This new facility will be home to a number of critical cyber security disciplines, designed to improve the overall security posture of F&R- including its assets, data and operations. Be part of an exciting, fast-paced environment that will help F&R strengthen its position.
You should have a deep understanding of cyber attacks, the spectrum and state of current malware, intrusion techniques & hacking - from amateur to Advanced Persistent Threat (APT). You should have a demonstrated experience successfully leading a global team, as well as coordinating with cyber intelligence, cyber threat assessment, incident management and security operations counterparts. You should have direct experience and effectiveness communicating across different tiers... from technologists to the 'C' suite.
- Build and lead Financial & Risk's global Cyber Threat Detection function including the Data Science and Analytics team
- Assist in the build out and staffing of the new F&R Cyber Fusion Center in Hoboken, NJ
- Drive innovation through data and analytics
- Serve as the principle point of contact for Cyber Threat Detection intake, liaising across F&R Legal, IT, Product, Communications and Security teams
- Experience with local and multiple country regulations governing the processing and handling of sensitive data
- Lead the Cyber Threat Detection and Analytics team according to best practices, maintaining a standard of the highest quality & confidentiality
- Mentors other managers and analysts in cyber threat detection and data science disciplines
- Coordinate critical, sensitive cyber detection activities, assessments & audits spanning multiple geographies
- Conduct assessments on Thomson Reuters ability to detect, alert and respond to a cyber security attack and communicate the results to a broad spectrum of audiences, ranging from Senior Executive management to IT Leadership
- Analyzes threat information gathered from logs, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), intelligence reports, vendor sites, and a variety of other sources
- Creates customized dashboards using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tool to elevate high threat items to incident responders
- Develop rules, reports, dashboards, data monitors, active channels, trends and use cases to identify threats and optimize data mining
- Research emerging vulnerabilities and develop proof-of-concept code in a laboratory setting
- Develop custom tools for cyber threat detection and security analytics as required
- Make recommendations concerning the overall improvement of the security posture through the proactive discovery of gaps in the ability to detection a cyber attack
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- 7+ years of experience in the cyber threat detection domain (cyber detection and/or security analytics)
- 4+ years of management experience leading a high performing cyber threat detection team
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and group facilitation skills, specifically in large or complex problem settings
- Extensive experience with SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) systems and security event correlation
- Knowledge of the cyber threat landscape to include Advanced Persistent Threats, Cyber Crime, Hacktivism; specifically, the tactics, techniques and procedures they apply to a cyber-threat attack.
- Knowledge and understanding of attack method types and their usage in targeted attacks such as phishing, malware implantation, perimeter vulnerabilities, application vulnerabilities, lateral movement, etc.
- Strong skills in various operating systems and enterprise platforms to include: Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS, iOS, Android, Active Directory, .Net framework, Oracle business products, SAP, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to attract and develop cyber security talent
- Strong business acumen & successful track record in aligning with customers
- A strong cross-functional team player with ability to lead and coach others in a matrix structure, across time zone and national boundaries
- Able to successfully pass requirements for Top Secret (TS) level clearance
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Hands on experience working with IBM QRadar
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience developing predictive models using machine learning; strong understanding of both supervised and unsupervised techniques.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Hoboken-New Jersey-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top