Cyber Security Summer 2019 Internship
Internship positions are available within the Information Security Risk Management business unit at Thomson Reuters. An opportunity to work side by side with top cyber security professionals at a global, top ranking, company. You will gain unparalleled, real world, professional cyber security experience while making a real difference in the world of information security.
Cyber Security opportunities during this full time, paid summer internship, include:
- Penetration Testing
- Identity & Access Management
- Governance, Risk, & Compliance
- Vulnerability Management
- Security Software Development
- Data Leakage Prevention
- Security Platforms
- Security Operations & Incident Response
- Cyber Intelligence
The current time frame for this internship is May - August 2019.
As a Cyber Security Intern you will gain....
- Experience in a global information security organization helping to deliver secure products to customers
- The tools you need to be successful, in a relaxed work environment
- Sharpened technical skills with the opportunity to grow a career, not just a job
- Access to seasoned professionals who will mentor and guide you
- A relaxed dress code and flexible work schedule
- Competitive pay rate - $25.00 per hour
- An impressive addition to your professional resume
In the fast-paced world of Thomson Reuters, you'll work hard, have fun, and face new challenges daily. If you're looking for a dynamic organization in which you can broaden your skills, expand your knowledge, and make an impact from day one, Thomson Reuters is the intelligent choice for you!
- Student in Cyber Security, Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent curriculum
- Solid academic record - minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong planning, organization, and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to deliver high quality work on time in a high-energy, high stress environment
- Have a passion for information security
- You are self-motivated with the ability to work effectively on a team
- You also have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use Thomson Reuters standard IT tools to work effectively on a distributed team across different time zones
- Ability to work independently in a Thomson Reuters office during normal business hours as the situation arises
- Conduct meetings in-person or via WebEx collaboration tools teams to gather information related to projects and report results
- Deliver and inform management on analysis/findings throughout internship
- Standard work week is 40 hours with an average of 8 hours per day
- Work locations are Thomson Reuters offices, primary site for this posting will be Richmond, Virginia OR Eagan, Minnesota
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;Richmond-Virginia-United States of America
Back to top