Customer Technical Support Representative (Westlaw)
- Resolve technical issues via phone and email for customers and field staff using Thomson Reuter's legal products.
- Provide customer and technical support for proprietary products including installation, licensing, use, and problem resolution.
- Utilize a variety of business systems, problem resolution skills and individual discretion to deliver results aligned with business objectives.
- Proactively identify and find solutions to potential problems and service issues which may be systemic.
- Gather and present feedback and input from customers to improve Thomson Reuter's products.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of Thomson Reuter's products and services.
- Perform related tasks as needed or assigned.
- Identify and resolve product related, technical and administrative, needs for customers.
- Accurately document all customer contacts, resolution steps, and customer feedback in order to enhance Thomson Reuter's products and services.
- Take ownership of all customer interactions and utilize appropriate timely follow-through.
- Responsible for daily schedule adherence, remaining available to assist customers and maintaining quality.
- Continuously increase technical aptitude and develop customer service skills to improve the quality of the customer experience.
- Follow the appropriate company policies and procedures to respond to routine customer issues, resolving as many queries as possible on the first call and escalating calls whenever appropriate.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of a two year degree or equivalent experience required; four year degree preferred.
- Call center experience preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of hardware, software, connectivity, operating systems and file structures.
- Preferred understanding of computer networking.
- Capable of learning, understanding, and communicating higher level technical information. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to actively listen and comprehend complex technical issues.
- Maintain a positive service attitude with the ability to understand and empathize with customer concerns.
- Apply individual discretion to ensure outcomes of customer satisfaction and the business' success.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top