Customer Support Specialist
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: Tax and Accounting
The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and government. Headquartered in Dallas, Tax & Accounting has major operations in Ann Arbor, Dallas, Hyderabad, London, Sydney, and Toronto.
Position Title: Customer Support Specialist
Requisition No: JREQ086573
To provide a high standard of customer support and technical assistance to Thomson Reuters UK Professional customers in an effective and timely manner with particular emphasis on providing support on Personal and Corporation Tax queries.
Brand - DIGITA:
Digita provides a full integrated suite of best of breed software for accountants and tax practitioners spanning desktop, mobile and the web and is used by over 5,000 accountants. Built around a central database of client and contact information, the Digita Professional Suite doesn't just link accounts and tax software; it provides an intuitive environment for client maintenance, tax and accounts compliance, contact management, letter writing, marketing and forms production. (http://www.digita.com/pro).
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Respond to enquiries from customers in relation to the installation, functionality and performance of supported products either verbally by telephone, or in writing by email or letter
- Concisely and accurately document support request information, paying particular attention to problem description, resolution, user reaction and follow up action.
- Identify causes of and solve problems for customers within acceptable time standards
- Ensure, where appropriate, information gained from handling supports queries is promoted to our knowledge base and communicated to interested parties.
- Update knowledge base with known issues, tips and workarounds as required
- Maintain up to date product knowledge and acquire further knowledge of relevant supported products to facilitate the continued provision of quality guidance to customers.
- A good team player with the ability to work on own initiative
As part of the Client Services team, you will work closely with customers as well as the Development and Sales teams
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Good software skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in a customer support role.
- Excellent customer service/people skills.
- Educated to degree level (or similar), ideally in a finance related subject preferred.
- Tax qualification (ATT or similar) preferred.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top