Customer Support Representative - Technical
- Respondto customers' enquiries relating to information, product functionality andfault calls resolving as many queries as possible on the first interaction.
- Loggingand classifying all calls and requests for assistance in the customerrelationship management system (Siebel).
- Filterand escalate enquiries relating to other aspects of the Thomson Reutersbusiness and handover to the appropriate department.
- Managethe resolution process for customers relating to data and applications for aparticular product/s.
- Trackenquiry resolution progress and proactively call customers with a status updateor resolution if queries cannot be resolved on initial interaction.
- Followthe appropriate procedures to respond to issues and update our customers whenoutages of a major nature occur.
- Identifyand escalate problems affecting a number of customers or influencing the timelyresolution of one customer's enquiry. This would include escalations to theteam leader and other support, sales, engineering or resolver groups asappropriate.
- Recognizeand escalate recurring problems, inferior processes or outdated procedures.
- Acceptadditional projects or areas of responsibility that will improve the team'sperformance.
- Proactivelycontribute to the TRCS team and the achievement of its goals.
- Expert understandingof relevant Thomson Reuters' products and data. Understanding of client needs.Focus on delivering results.
- Detail orientatedwith sound information probing skills.
- Well developedanalytical skills with the ability to problem solve and develop solutions.
- University qualifiedin a discipline relating to IT highly regarded
- Experience in acustomer service or contact centre environment preferred. Previous experiencein the financial markets desirable.
- Ability tocommunicate and engage effectively both verbally and in writing in English andany other designated languages with customersand colleagues.
- The ability to learnand become experts in Thomson Reuters' products and develop a soundunderstanding of the financial markets serviced.
- Willingness toundertake additional projects and responsibilities from time to time.
- Ability to learn newtechnologies and principles quickly and work in an environment that iscontinually changing and adopting new techniques and technologies.
- Flexibility with worktimes – including rotational shift work.
- Good understanding ofcommunication protocols including TCP/IP and networking architectures i.e.Ethernet.
- Solid understandingof mainstream operating systems, including: Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP.
- Experience with datacommunication and digital switching including LAN/WAN systems.
- Understanding ofUnix, DNX and firewalls is highly desirable.
- Experience withRemote management software.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top