Customer Support Executive, Technical (Korean-speaking)
Customer Support Executive
Financial and Risk
- Key technical customer support role
- Support the Financial & Risk division - sell-side, buy-side and FX customers
- Excellent culture and career opportunity
- Pyrmont, Sydney location
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
We are looking for an experienced English, and Korean speaking 1st Level Helpdesk agent for our Asia Support Centre within our Sydney office. If you enjoy helping clients with their technical queries and want to take your career to the next level in a global multi-seat Contact Centre, then this role is for you. The purpose of this role is to provide high level technical support and customer service to our clients in Asia Pacific where they can be assured that their queries, which include data, functionality and technical, will be answered promptly, accurately and professionally by telephone or electronically.
- Business level English, Korean language ability Minimum of 2 years in an IT Technical Support role (preferably Nortel and/or Cisco experience)
- Good understanding of communication protocols including TCP/IP
- Networking architectures i.e. Ethernet
- Mainstream operating systems, including: Windows XP/Win7,8,10
- Data communication and digital switching including LAN/WAN systems
- A "can do" attitude, loads of energy and initiative with a strong work ethic
- Strong problem solving skills, decision-making skills and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Customer service orientated with a strong customer focus
- A degree or diploma in Information Technology is an advantage
- An understanding of the financial markets is highly desirable
- Fluency in English and Korean is essential.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top