Customer Support Executive
Business Unit: ONESOURCE Customer Support,Tax & Accounting
Department: Customer Support
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Customer Support Executive – Technical will focus on responding appropriately to phone calls, web entry and chat requests from internal and external customers on the ONESOURCE suite of products. This role will be responsible for creating and/or suggesting articles for the Knowledge base, troubleshooting difficult technical issues until resolution, and collaborating with other internal teams. This includes keeping a clear and active focus on providing high-quality resolution and ensuring that all the necessary action is taken to resolve customer's issues. It requires to develop and to maintain a solid understanding of technologies and Thomson Reuters' products and applications.
- Respond appropriately to customer phone calls, web cases, chat requests, and emails
- Meet or exceed all metrics and performance measurements
- Resolve technical /product issues and complete requests for customers in Japan using ONESOURCE products using internal resources in a timely manner
- Log and classify all queries, requests and actions accurately. Track resolution progress and proactively call customers with a status update or resolution if queries cannot be resolved on initial interaction.
- Collaborate with other local and overseas support teams involving integration between ONESOURCE products to provide exceeded and seamless customer experience
- Help drive innovation to achieve business objectives throughout the Support organization
- Participate in ongoing proprietary product training and certification programs
- Identify and escalate problems affecting a number of customers or influencing the timely resolution of one customer's enquiry. This would include escalations to the Team Manager and other support, sales, technology or resolver groups as appropriate.
- Recognize and escalate recurring problems, inferior processes or outdated procedures.
- Follow the appropriate procedures to respond to issues and update our customers when outages of a major nature occur.
- Other duties as assigned, such as leading training, coaching newer agents, answering callback cases
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies
- 1-3 years experience in a customer service or IT environment, application support role preferred.
- Demonstration of critical thinking skills
- Excellent follow through, attention to detail and able to adhere and work with set deadlines and changing priorities
- Knowledge and proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Adobe
- Ability to learn new technologies and principles quickly and work in an environment that is continually changing and adopting new techniques and technologies.
- Strong initiative and ability to self-manage
- Well developed analytical skills with the ability to problem solve and develop solutions.
- Excellent service skills including active listening alongside focusing, and fully understanding our customer's needs
- Demonstrate good time management skills
- Native Japanese in both writing and speaking, ability to communicate and engage verbally and in writing in English
- A great team player, positive attitude towards work
- Ability to work varying shifts
- Experience with tax research software highly beneficial
- High school diploma or GED required
- University qualified in a discipline relating to IT highly regarded
As an employer we strive to provide every employee with a positive working environment, continued professional development, a commitment to work-life balance, and equal opportunities. As a diverse, global leader, we actively encourage career advancement through internal promotions and segment opportunities.
If you are a talented professional, passionate about what you do, and want to work in a company that can support your growth, we want to hear from you.
If you would like to find out more about Thomson Reuters please visit our careers site, https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/careers.html
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top