Customer Support Associate- Contractor
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters was recently named Crain's "Coolest Place to Work" and one of Business Week's "Top 100 Global Brands".
What type of work will I do?
- Talk with tax practitioners from accounting firms and corporations from all over the world - every day via phone, email, and chat!
- Answer their questions on how to use our software
- Discuss complex issues with senior members of our staff
- Research and resolve questions pertaining to billing disputes, address changes, account changes/updates, order status, product feedback, password assistance, billing inquiry, etc.
What will I learn?
Through our training program and hands-on practice you will learn:
- How to troubleshoot software problems, data entry mistakes, printing issues, and system setup options
- Information about Windows operating systems
- Effective communication techniques for the business environment
- What it takes to be a successful member of our staff
What is the typical schedule for this position?
Our typical support hours of operation are Monday - Friday from 7:00 am - 7:00 pm with 8-hour rotating shifts with occasional overtime during peak shifts. What about the work environment? Here is how some of our recent hires describe it:
- Challenging and supportive, professional yet relaxed, fast-paced and inspiring
- All the employees are friendly, helpful and approachable
- Every day brings something new and there is help to guide and assist you when you need it
- The employees work hard to be the best at what they do, but they can also laugh and have fun
Fast facts about the position:
- You'll start comprehensive, paid training in our Carrollton office
- The learning curve is steep, and the pace is fast
- Many of our full time staff got their start in this program and built successful careers in Product Support, Sales, Product Development, Helpdesk, Technology Infrastructure and other areas of Thomson Reuters
- Casual dress, relaxed environment, and an onsite cafeteria await the appropriate candidates
- Associates degree is preferred; a focus in accounting, finance, economics, or general business strongly preferred/desired
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Willing and able to work overtime with a varied work schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Must have authorization to work in the US
- Motivated and enthusiastic to learn
- Desire to help others
- Able to work in our Carrollton, TX office
- Demonstrated success working in customer service is a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top