Customer Success Manager
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: Legal UKI
Our Legal organisation focuses on connecting our customers' businesses to the ever-changing legal and regulatory environment. We provide critical online and print information, decision support tools, software and services to lawyers who practice in law firms, in corporate legal departments and in the public sector. We are a growing business in the UK, especially since the acquisition of Practical Law Company in March 2013. We believe we are exceptionally well positioned to help our customers redefine not only how lawyers work, but also how the legal ecosystem operates.
Position Title: Customer Success Manager
Position Type: Permanent
Role Purpose/ Summary:
Software Solutions Team: This is a diverse role working across all phases of a customer's life cycle from new pre-sales to overseeing solution implementation and on-going Customer Success. The incumbent will provide a client with a consistent point of contact and be their 'go to' expert on the technical and functional capabilities of the solution. The role will involve teaming with the Solution Sales Specialist on customer opportunities and projects throughout their lifecycle.
The role will form part of the Software Solutions team and is primarily office based (Canada Square, London) but with the requirement to travel nationally / internationally (40% travel) to support sales and customer success engagements.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Working with Software Solution Sales specialists to help qualify news sales opportunities and support the growth of the Software Solutions business unit
- Supporting the sales process through product demonstration support, customer requirements meetings, proposal development, including RFI/RFP bid management processes where required
- Working with the professional services team to develop effective proof of concept/pilots and to project manage solution implementation projects including schedules, deliverables, and issue tracking
- Be accountable to drive high active usage rates within customers by driving the creation and execution of a thorough and action-oriented Adoption Plan.
- On-going identification, creation and development of professional services opportunities within client projects
- Establishing and maintaining long term customer relationships providing best practice advice in order to improve their operations and initiatives
- Initiating and participating in account planning sessions with both internal teams and client's key stakeholders
- Ensuring the successful and optimum utilisation of Thomson's Reuters Software solutions, predominantly Contract Express, but assist as required to support other product lines
- Support annuity revenues by working closely with the account managers during the renewal cycle
- Effective, timely and accurate client communications (oral and written), establishing and reviewing key performance indicators, and active positive engagement
- Work in CRM environment updating customer and account information
- Ability to work on own initiative and support management by demonstrating a willingness to undertake additional projects and responsibilities from time to time.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Degree level education, ideally with experience in a corporate legal department/law firm, or significant experience in a legal operations position
- Good understanding of general business and specifically legal department operations
- Demonstrable experience working across both pre & post sales
- Experience working with SaaS solutions and implementing customer success metrics
- Ability to effectively communicate and establish credibility and rapport with multiple levels of a client's organization (staff, general counsel, C-Suite)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Consultative and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical affinity for business solutions, software, data analytics, etc.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skill, particularly Word and Excel
- Consistent performer and handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- High level of initiative and plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Ability to work as an effective member of a matrix team and proactively contributes to the achievement of the Software Solutions business goals.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services
- Experience working in a global matrix environment
NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application. E.g. Job shares
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top