Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing effective and courteous support to customers in relation to their Thomson Reuters' product or service. This includes active focus on enquiry resolution, a positive customer focused attitude at all times and ensuring that all the necessary action is taken to resolve a customer's enquiry.
- Respond to customers' enquiries relating to information, product functionality and fault calls resolving as many queries as possible on the first interaction.
- Track enquiry resolution progress and proactively call customers with a status update or resolution if queries cannot be resolved on initial interaction.
- Filter and escalate enquiries relating to other aspects of the Thomson Reuters business and handover to the appropriate department.
- Identify and escalate problems affecting a number of customers or influencing the timely resolution of one customer's enquiry. This would include escalations to the team leader and other support, sales, engineering or resolver groups as appropriate.
- Recognize and escalate recurring problems, inferior processes or outdated procedures.
- Accountable for meeting and maintaining standards for quality and productivity for all transactions as determined by area audit processes, including but not limited to: Availability, Quality, and Adherence
- Ensures each customer contact is handled in a manner consistent with the Thomson Reuters brand and values to maintain customer satisfaction and retention
- Logging and classifying all calls and requests for assistance in the customer relationship management system.
- Follow the appropriate procedures to respond to issues and update our customers when outages of a major nature occur.
- Accept additional projects or areas of responsibility that will improve the team's performance.
- Proactively contribute to the TRCS team and the achievement of its goals.
- University qualified discipline relating to financial markets, the finance sector or business.
- General Programming Skills and/or Software Debugging is an advantage
- Experience in editing, online publishing, website management
- Experience using web content management systems
- Proofreads copy for grammar, style and accuracy.
- Makes corrections to content before it is posted to the site.
- Uses analysis and judgment and exercises discretion in selecting methods and technique for obtaining solutions.
- Filter and escalate inquiries relating to other aspects of Thomson Reuters businesses (e.g. sales, technology, business leads, etc.) as appropriate.
- Track inquiry resolution progress and where appropriate, actively call customers with a status update or resolution.
- Solving complex issues may involve interpreting the needs of the customer, determining the solution to the problem and assessing any downstream impact.
- Inquiries will vary but typically include compliance learning courseware changes/updates, project status, product training requests, course assignments and reminder updates adding users into the LMS, password assistance.
- Experience with Excel and spreadsheet data manipulation.
- Expert understanding of relevant Thomson Reuters' products and data. Understanding of client needs. Focus on delivering results.
- High motivation required with the ability to meet scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced, service-driven environment
- Professional attitude and proven strong customer service orientation
- Detail orientated with sound information probing skills
- Well developed analytical skills with the ability to problem solve and develop solutions.
- Experience in a customer service or technical support environment preferred. Previous experience in the financial industry desirable.
- Ability to communicate and engage effectively, verbally and in writing, in English and any other designated languages with customers and colleagues.
- The ability to learn and become experts in Thomson Reuters' products and develop a sound understanding of the financial markets they serve.
- Willingness to undertake additional projects and responsibilities from time to time.
- Flexibility with work times – including rotational shift work.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top