Customer Service Representative
- Respond to customer inquiries via phone, email and chat, etc.
- May respond to inquiries regarding a specific or more complex product or a specific customer (based on customer size or revenue tied to customer)
- Inquiries will vary but typically include address changes, account changes/updates, order status, product feedback, password assistance, billing inquiry, etc.
- Ensure each customer contact is handled in a manner consistent with the Thomson Reuters brand and values to maintain customer satisfaction and retention.
- Uses analysis along with policies and procedures to resolve customer issues. Interpret customer contract and assess downstream impact to mitigate any recurring issues.
- Identify prospects for additional products and services; send leads to appropriate sales representatives.
- May assist field representatives in account maintenance.
- Log and classify al calls and request for assistance in the call tracking database.
- Filter and escalate inquiries as appropriate.
- Apply active listening skills to diffuse a potentially tense customer interaction.
- May include some order processing duties.
- Japanese N2/N3 certification
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top