Customer Service Executive-Technical
The Customer Support Executive-Technical is responsible for providing effective and courteous support to customers in relation to their F&R product or service. This includes active focus on enquiry resolution, a positive customer focused attitude at all times and ensuring that all the necessary action is taken to resolve a customer's enquiry.
- Respond to customers' enquiries relating to information, product functionality and fault calls resolving as many queries as possible on the first interaction.
- Logging and classifying all calls and requests for assistance in the customer relationship management system (Siebel).
- Filter and escalate enquiries relating to other aspects of the Thomson Reuters business and handover to the appropriate department.
- Manage the resolution process for customers relating to data and applications for a particular product/s.
- Track enquiry resolution progress and proactively call customers with a status update or resolution if queries cannot be resolved on initial interaction.
- Follow the appropriate procedures to respond to issues and update our customers when outages of a major nature occur.
- Identify and escalate problems affecting a number of customers or influencing the timely resolution of one customer's enquiry. This would include escalations to the team leader and other support, sales, engineering or resolver groups as appropriate.
- Recognize and escalate recurring problems, inferior processes or outdated procedures.
- Accept additional projects or areas of responsibility that will improve the team's performance.
- Proactively contribute to the CS team and the achievement of its goals.
- Expert understanding of relevant F&R products and data. Understanding of client needs. Focus on delivering results.
- Detail orientated with sound information probing skills.
- Well developed analytical skills with the ability to problem solve and develop solutions.
- University qualified in a discipline relating to the financial markets, the finance sector or business.
- Experience in a customer service or contact centre environment preferred. Previous experience in the financial industry desirable.
- Ability to communicate and engage effectively, verbally and in writing, in English and any other designated languages with customers and colleagues.
- The ability to learn and become experts in Thomson Reuters' products and develop a sound understanding of the financial markets they serve.
- Willingness to undertake additional projects and responsibilities from time to time.
- Flexibility with work times - including rotational shift work.
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Lisa B.Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top