Customer Insights Analyst
Thomson Reuters is a truly unique business. We are a global enterprise and leading provider of news, information services and technology. Here, your work matters and has the potential to change the world. Every day, Thomson Reuters news, information, technology, and expertise help make great things happen.
We are proud to have been recognized globally as a leading employer based on our commitment to diversity, focus on company culture, work life balance and for acts to promote socio-economic progress worldwide through the Thomson Reuters foundation.
About the role
This role is part of the Thomson Reuters Customer Insights and Data Analytics team, which strives to to monitor market trends to provide direction for business decisions. drive sustainable revenue growth from products designed to meet customer need. It is essential to develop and communicate key messages in support of Thomson strategies.
The Customer Insights Analyst reports directly to the Senior Manager, Customer Insights and Data Analytics. The primary objectives of the Customer Insights Analyst are to:
- Provide customer insights through analysis and data mining.
- Conduct customer segmentation and profiling marketing and sales lists for customer buy-in.
- Evaluate, monitor and improve effectiveness of existing campaign and program segments.
- Evaluate, monitor and improve effectiveness of existing databases, tools and services used by the Customer Insights and Data Analytics team.
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity, quality, security and accuracy in data provided to stakeholders, as well as ensuring all data complies with legal regulations for optimal customer experience.
- Key to the success of this position is the analytical ability to translate the unique needs of each marketing and sales campaign or program and to develop targeted segments to lift returns.
- This role requires a breadth of knowledge in marketing and sales automation, strong commercial "know how", focusing on excellent understanding of data, data structure and segmentation as well as strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
To be successful in the role you will be a passionate and commercially minded data analyst with the drive to innovate and enthusiasm to learn. You will have experience, ideally, gained in a professional services or related industries. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, mathematics, statistics or science (or equivalent)
- 3 years hands-on experience in direct marketing and segmentation using marketing automation (e.g. Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot)
- 5 years hands-on experience in data manipulation, reporting, and mail file generation using Access, Excel, Crystal Reports or equivalent.
- 5 years experience in database management – direct marketing field preferred
- Understanding of legal regulatory markets an advantage
- Understanding of publishing industry an advantage
- Previous primary job experience in database management, data mining and marketing data manipulation and superior analytical skills with a solid business and marketing backgound
- Working knowledge of data extraction tools and techniques from such sources as IBM Infoview/Business Objects, MS SQL Server and/or similar databases.
- Strong computer skills with Access, Excel, Project and/or other common database platforms
- Experience in analyzing data to develop and deliver reports, recommendations and presentations to management (data-driven decision approach)
- Working knowledge of creating segmentation strategies, using marketing automation software and creating customer profiles using traditional methodologies and digital behavior.
- Desirable: experience in data modelling and predictive analytics.
As an employer we strive to provide every employee with a positive working environment, continued professional development, a commitment to work-life balance, and equal opportunities. As a diverse, global leader, we actively encourage career advancement through internal promotions and segment opportunities.
If you are a talented professional, passionate about what you do, and want to work in a company that can support your growth, we want to hear from you.
If you would like to find out more about Thomson Reuters please download our App here http://thomsonreuters.com/en/careers/what-we-do/our-story-app.html or visit our careers site, https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/careers.html.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top