Customer Care Specialist
Looking to get your foot in the door with a 12.5 billion dollar, industry leading corporation with offices around the world including Carrollton, TX? No better way to learn and fully understand a business, than by working for its customer service team! Many top business leaders did just that, so why not you? This is a full-time, permanent position.
In this role, you will talk with and establish strong emotional connections with callers in a call center environment to deliver a unique customer service experience to customers that will set us apart from our competition.
- Respond to customers inquiries via phone, email, chat and establish emotional connection with callers.
- Inquiries will vary but include address changes, account changes/updates, order status, product feedback, password assistance, billing inquiry, etc.
- Apply company policy and procedures to resolve routine customer issues
- Log and classify all calls and requests for assistance in the call tracking database.
- Filter and escalate inquiries as appropriate.
- Apply active listening skills to diffuse a potentially tense customer interaction.
- May include some order processing tasks per customer inquiry.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Secondary education (high school diploma or equivalent) required.
- Some previous customer service experience preferred within a call center environment
- Strong ability to have engaging conversations with customers while handling customer issues.
- Ability to work through customer conflict and provide resolution in a positive manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Judgment is required to determine resolution (no scripting is utilized).
- Active listening skills to be used to interpret a customer's inquiry and to diffuse a potentially tense customer situation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work?
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Technical / Professional Skills & Competencies
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters' core values?
Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top