We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: Credit Controller
Language skills required for positions: Native French, Polish & Hungarian speaking.
English as a second language.
Requisition No: JREQ087175
We are looking for a candidate for the position of Credit Controller
It is offered on local terms and conditions. Location: Exeter, UK
We offer a challenging job in a fast growing environment that is driven by continuous developments and improvements, in which you can play an important role.
We have vacancies covering French, Polish & Hungarian speaking roles.
- Operate all established collection procedures using initiative, imagination and flexibility to achieve targeted expectations/results while promoting customer good will.
- To make contact with customers regarding all unpaid items, following up communications frequently executing global Thomson Reuters collection guidelines as per Credit management engagement model and collection treatment plans.
- To anticipate developments and to identify accounts that require special attention and act decisively to resolve difficulties, disputes and consulting management where appropriate.
- To develop and maintain harmonious and effective working relationships with all customers, departmental order management, Finance and Segment Sales colleagues in EMEA and Bangalore and where necessary to make client visits to resolve problems and promote co-operation.
- To obtain sufficient information to assess the creditworthiness of newly proposed and existing customers promptly, efficiently and cost-effectively, using information sources appropriate to the level of exposure and liaising where necessary with colleagues and management. To ensure that all clients meet the company's requirements regarding the Table of Denials listing.
- To promote and develop the involvement of the credit control department in Segment Sales and marketing activities.
- To assist with the design and production of SOX reports and Revenue provision reports for management. To assist with special projects as and when required.
- Drive continuous improvements in terms of DSO, resolving Incomplete cash/unapplied receipts, aged >180 days debt and aged >180 days credit notes.
- Support the roll out of a new SAP AR platform for the CEE countries.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent customer services experience
- Excellent English verbal and written skills.
- Native speaker in Polish, Hungarian or French language.
- Strong detail handling skills and Microsoft Office applications, e.g. Excel
Desired Skills and Experience:
- All round solid international Credit Management experience essential and a must.
- Ability to quickly become proficient end user of Get Paid and SAP and Order management systems like Siebel and salesforce.com
- Ability to understand customer and revenue impact with credit control related activities
- Knows when to escalate appropriately when involved in a process chain
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top