- Collection activities include investigating delinquent accounts, analyzes account performance, makes recommendations to release orders on past due accounts and investigates bankruptcy claims.
- May coordinate efforts and/or refer accounts to third party action when internal collections are not effective. Maintains records and files and generates related reports.
- Cash collection on a defined book of business
- Work closely with clients, some of which are Fortune 500 Companies, and Thomson Reuters internal staff to resolve client disputes and follow through to satisfactory resolution which results in payment of invoices.
- Manage the decision process on disconnecting customers when payments cannot be negotiated.
- Manage complicated cash application issues.
- Monitor & analyze collection trends & identify debt issues at an early stage for resolution.
- Aid Regional Credit Managers in compilation of monthly credit control reporting.
- Recommend any changes in country credit control tiering & mapping to improve efficiency
- Ensure actions from monthly business unit debt provisioning meetings are followed-up
- Ensure accounting for bad debts & provisioning comply with accounting standards
- Build effective relations with CA & Business Unit management. Liaise with Finance to ensure thorough financial analyses of the viability of commercial propositions.
- Help regional implementation of Credit Control Global template & country adherence to it thereafter
- Suggest & implements improvements to current practice.
- Prior experience in dispute resolution and managing accounts receivable books of business.
- Must have solid 1-2 years collections or accounts receivable experience
- Strong English communication skills – verbal, written and presentation
- Ability to partner with senior leadership team to help them visualize and design their presentations and reports.
- Ability to work under pressure and to exacting time scales on occasion.
- Team Player
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top