The Credit Controller shall support the collections team and management, deliver cost-effective, and high-quality collection services to the business. Activities include investigating delinquent accounts, analyzing account performance, making recommendations to release orders on past due accounts and investigating bankruptcy claims.
- Collect cash on a defined book of business
- Work closely with clients, some of which are Fortune 500 Companies, and Thomson Reuters internal staff to resolve client disputes and follow through to satisfactory resolution which results in payment of invoices.
- Manage the decision process on disconnecting customers when payments cannot be negotiated.
- Manage complicated cash application issues.
- Monitor & analyze collection trends & identify debt issues at an early stage for resolution.
- Aid Regional Credit Managers in compilation of monthly credit control reporting.
- Recommend any changes in country credit control tiering & mapping to improve efficiency
- Ensure actions from monthly business unit debt provisioning meetings are followed-up
- Ensure accounting for bad debts & provisioning comply with accounting standards
- Build effective relations with CA & Business Unit management. Liaise with Finance to ensure thorough financial analyses of the viability of commercial propositions.
- Help regional implementation of Credit Control Global template & country adherence to it thereafter
- Suggest & implements improvements to current practice.
- BS or BA Degree in Accountancy, Economics, Financial Management or any other related course is required
- Must have at least 1-year of experience in related field
- Fresh graduates willing to undergo training are encouraged to apply
- Must have background working in a shared services environment
- Must have experience dealing with heavy volume of phone calls (inbound and outbound) and heavy volume of portfolio/accounts
- Must be willing to work either on a morning, mid shift, or graveyard schedule
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top