Credit Control Support
Credit Control Support
Financial and Risk
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The work performed in this role has a direct contribution to theefficiency of the monthly and quarterly performance of the overall creditmanagement team.
The staff member will be responsible for:
- Printing invoices locally or to prepare invoices received fromglobal delivery partner to be attached with e-factur and ensure delivery toclient in timely manner
- Manage the DGT documentation process, produce forms, work withinternational partners to obtain necessary steps and once obtained deliver tocustomers
- Collection of WHT Certificates from customers and work with ourlocal tax team to meet monthly tax Reporting requirements in coordination withthe credit management tax specialist
- Collecting of payments and depositing in the bank where necessary
- Support for collection team with Docusign requests alongsidecredit controller actions and support regional partners in processing forms
- Pick up addition work as deemed appropriate by manager as part ofrole development
Skills and Experience Required
- Must be competent in English both written and oral
- Experience in a credit management support/admin role preferred
- Customer and personal service experience
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
- Knowledge of human behavior, active listening
- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they reactas they do.
- Persuasion and negotiation skills
- Interpreting the meaning of information for others, and able toresolve conflict
- Stress tolerance
- Dependability and integrity
- Attention to detail
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top