Correspondent (Based in Thailand)
We are seeking a motivated reporter with excellent English, strong news judgment, and preferably multi-media skills to produce stories on trafficking, forced labour and modern-day slavery in Thailand. You will be based in Bangkok but will work with the Thomson Reuters Foundation's award-winning global news team to produce both long and short-form stories that have impact and bring under-reported stories to light.
If you are excited about working for an international news organisation that has extraordinary reach and impact and the world's largest news team dedicated to covering trafficking and slavery, this could be the job for you. The position requires a proven track record in innovative journalism and a desire to make a real difference on humanitarian issues.
- Uncover, research and write stories about trafficking, forced labour and slavery
- Produce a file that balances spot news with exclusive news angles on topical stories and more insightful stories including investigations
- Work independently on stories and also with other reporters, the Foundation multi-media team, and freelancers
- Develop and work with sources to produce unique content
- Liaise with NGOs to uncover stories and to promote the stories that we produce among NGOs
- Find new ways to present and distribute Foundation stories online and via social media for maximum impact
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 5-8 years journalism experience, including a proven track record of exclusive stories
- Strong writer in English, able to meet deadlines and work under well pressure
- Fluent Thai
- Highly organised, self starter and strong team player
Inquisitive, passionate about news and strong interest in trafficking and human rights
Experience reporting on humanitarian issues
- Experience building social media followings preferred
- Multi-media skills in photography, audio and video production a plus
- University degree
This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand. The salary is negotiable according to qualifications. The deadline for applications is Aug 24. To apply, send your CV and cover letter describing how you meet the specifications and what you bring to the role. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to take an online test with interviews to be held early September.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top