Corporate Systems Business Analyst
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) department owns the strategy, delivery and support of Thomson Reuters' business platforms. These platforms cover the primary business capabilities for Marketing, Selling, Fulfillment, Billing and Collections, and Service & Support, as well as central Finance, Procurement, HR and Performance Reporting. EBS work closely with business executives and other senior leaders to define and execute a global EBS roadmap. We are focused on harmonizing processes, maximizing efficiencies through standardization, and improving information and data management, to support the business Vision.
- Acts as a liaison among business stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business products; processes and systems
- Collects, analyzes and synthesizes data to document requirements, ensuring needs of client/stakeholder are met. May translate into detailed technology needs with some guidance.
- Reviews product needs, instructions, regulations, and/or laws on medium level projects; implementing requirements documents which may include changes to software, using low to medium level programming skills, testing, and providing support to customers.
- With some guidance will author and communicate requirements documentation.
- Depending on the nature of the project, undertakes a combination of technical implementation and testing analyst tasks if appropriate.
- Understands customer and/or product needs in the context of internal & external requirements and/or software development information.
Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experienceCertification in Business Analysis, by a recognizable institution, such as IIBA is a plusAbility to work within demanding deadlinesAbility to be primary liaison between the business and project team and effectively represent the stakeholder requirementsResponsible for projects of moderate to very high complexityAbility to elicit, document and refine business requirementsExceptional communication skills (written and verbal)Ability to facilitate meetings with stakeholdersAbility to negotiate constructivelyModerate analysis skillsStrong self management capabilityAbility to serve as a liaison across multiple facets of the business and technical teamsHigh level of attention to detail, high degree of qualityAbility to learn new concepts quickly and support multiple projects at onceComfortable with shifting prioritiesIdeally would have SAP experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top