We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position: Convertibles Evaluator
The Convertibles Team provides accurate and unbiased evaluations for the global convertibles space. Our evaluations are used by financial institutions that require a third party to objectively value their complex holdings. The Thomson Reuters evaluated price is also used to mark the Thomson Reuters Convertibles Indices. The Pricing Service leverages Thomson Reuters vast data network to drive state-of-the-art financial models.
The Convertibles Pricing Service is seeking skilled professionals to implement methodologies and tools used to derive end-of-day Convertibles evaluations.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Research financial instruments based on customer's pricing requests.
- Employ various analytics packages and data feeds to derive evaluated pricing.
- Determine which models and inputs are most appropriate for evaluating a diverse range of Convertibles.
- Employ methodologies to most efficiently price large volumes in a daily production environment.
- Perform quality testing to ensure output is consistent and error free.
- Provide excellent customer service for a range of financial institutions that rely on our timely and accurate evaluations.
- Research and understand the reasons behind the adds and drops for the convertibles indices
- Communicate with Index team, clients and traders to obtain most up to date information for evaluating the indices
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Well rounded knowledge of financial markets in general. Experience working with Convertibles a plus.
- Very strong spreadsheet skills are essential, with VBA a plus.
- Ability to independently research and apply complex concepts in a real-world context. Must be self-motivated and have the ability to learn quickly and operate under tight time constraints. Strong problem solving skills are crucial.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills due to frequent client interaction. Must have the confidence and poise to explain and defend evaluations to customers.
- Excellent attention to detail to perform daily QA checks prior to uploads, research critical issues in a timely manner and be expeditious with the turnaround time
- Careful attention to detail for index critical issues and the ability to communicate with the index team supporting the evaluation
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services
- Experience working in a global matrix environment
- Degree in quantitative (especially Finance, Math, Science or Computer related majors) discipline from a leading college/university, with one to three years professional work experience.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top