Contract Manager, Contract Management (Eagan, MN location)
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters has outsourced various functions including Technology, Facilities and Finance. The Contract Management Team is responsible for ensuring contractual compliance of these long term agreements through rigorous governance and stakeholder partnering. In addition, the Contract Management function assists in delivering new services through our existing vendors as well as negotiating and managing all underpinning agreements that support these higher level functions.
The Contract Manager role will support the function by taking ownership of an individual portfolio of services within the larger agreement as well as multi-contract accountabilities, delivering interpretation advice, negotiating agreements and resolving issues and queries. This level of support will ensure Thomson Reuters receives the intended value from the agreement and we continue to enhance our relationship with our core vendors.
- Gain in depth knowledge of outsourced agreements within Thomson Reuters Contract Management Portfolio
- Deliver contract interpretations to resolve queries or issues
- Act as a trusted advisor to senior stakeholders on contract application within the services
- Work within a global team to deliver a suite of governance processes
- Act as an escalation point, liaising with legal counsel where necessary
- Review contract language and propose amendments to minimize risk
- Lead cross functional teams to negotiate and deliver new services
- Develop and deliver reporting on contract health
- Deliver education sessions on topics relevant to the function
- Liaise with finance to limit budget risk & exposure
- Deliver efficiencies or value add to existing contracts
- Ensure all contract obligations are met by both Thomson Reuters & the vendor
- Stay informed of industry trends to allow productive collaboration with stakeholders
- Work with the Contract Management team to improve core processes and market our services effectively within Thomson Reuters
- 3 years of relevant experience to include:
- Knowledge and experience of managing delivery of services from Vendors
- Conversant with contract structure and language and able to interpret contract wording
- Ability to drive deliverables through a process work-stream
- Attention to detail, proven record of analysis and quality work output
- Knowledge of ITIL and/or CIPS framework
- Global perspective and strategic thinking
- Strong relationship building, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent customer service and writing skills
- Proven thought leadership in the areas of vendor management, governance and business processes
- Ability to handle multiple tasks successfully
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must be self-motivated, dynamic and able to work with minimal supervision
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top