Content Team Leader
- Effectively manage employee performance including ongoing coaching, development and performance evaluations. Conduct regular meetings with team members to discuss and review performance and career development.
- Responsible for overall team direction, performance, and work assignments (may include cross-site responsibility). Ensure all editors understand their priorities and responsibilities.
- Work across the RI Content Ops team to design and provide training resources necessary to perform their job and improve their performance.
- Drive hiring process – participate in screening, interviewing, and selection.
- With assistance from Senior Production Manager and Human Resources, address and resolve employee issues.
- Plan and direct work activities to meet product targets and customer specifications.
- Manage adherence to production and cost schedules.
- Work with Senior Production Manager and across RI Content Ops to manage productivity and identify process improvements.
- Provide leadership for change management associated with key initiatives (ie Jetstream, Thomson Reuters Regulatory Intelligence Platform).
- Perform production duties to support team in meeting schedules/critical deadlines.
- Work across RI Content Ops as appropriate to drive strategic initiatives to meet overall growth plans.
Project Management/Process Improvement
- Champion continuous process improvement mindset.
- Implement and drive process improvement initiatives/efforts at the Team or functional level.
- Seek out, share, and implement best practices.
- Work with other team leads on strategic initiatives and resource management.
- Lead change management initiatives and facilitate adoption of new production processes and tools.
- Effectively communicate across all levels/areas/locations of the organization (managers, direct reports, colleagues, and customers).
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with key customers, internal and external to effectively meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrate appropriate sensitivity to the concerns and interests of others when conveying and receiving information.
- Participate in management and team meetings.
- Competently and professionally represent the team in meetings with business line leads, product development, marketing, sales, and others across the business.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 1-3 years Legal and Regulatory publishing experience.
- Expert knowledge of publishing systems.
- Experience working with team members in dispersed geographic locations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Strong leadership and people management skills.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Able to function well in a matrixed environment
Comfortable communicating with multiple levels in the organization
Excellent analytical problem solving and organizational skills.
Excellent telephone and webex communication skills
Detailed working knowledge of products, process, systems, and best practices.
Broad business knowledge.
Works well in a team environment with the ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Computer literate, with working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top