Content Onboarding (Java) Team Lead, Commodities
YOU AND YOUR TEAM:
Commodities Content Production collects broker pricing and market fundamental data for energy, metals and agriculture markets, as well as weather and freight. The team is spread across Bangalore, Manila and Gdynia operational centers.
The Content Onboarding team is a part of this group, consisting of Java developers, who are responsible for maintaining existing and adding new commodities fundamental data (physical assets, energy production and consumption, as well as trading and flow statistics), using in-house Java applications and Oracle database.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
Our team is supplying Thomson Reuters customers with top quality commodities fundamental data. You will play a crucial role in driving continuous service improvement, leading the team in delivering the code to ensure content completeness and timeliness, as well as adding new data.
- Setting and maintaining working standards (code and service level standards, datasets configuration standards etc., process documentation), ensuring compliance and managing dependencies
- Ensuring team operating rhythm is adequate (task distribution, shift management, etc)
- Managing major project work: platform and source outages, migrations
- Ensuring the onboarding systems and tools are in good shape and fit for purpose – organize development as needed
- Requesting/Negotiating/implementing platform changes with development teams and other stakeholders
- Managing customers expectations on platform and team capabilities
People and team work
- Ensuring the team and individual knowledge level is fit for the job
- Enabling individual growth and innovation in the team
- Maintaining team spirit
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- General understanding of modern software development lifecycle, architecture and processes
- Ability to explain complex things in a simple way
- Leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work under strict timelines
- Self motivation
- Practical programming skills (any language coding experience)
- Practical experience with databases (SQL)
YOU WILL BE MORE COMPETITIVE IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCED WITH THE BELOW (to be mastered on the job):
- Java (Spring, collections, concurrency, JMS – ActiveMQ)
- Relational databases (preferably Oracle) Oracle Apex
- Linux (cron, basic bash skills)
- VCS (Git, Subversion)
- Agile methodologies (Canban)
- Six sigma
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top